POwer commander

Yes the cable is working i believe it connects to the pc just fine. As per making sure the cable works im not currentlyat my pc so i cant garentee it works. I already have the power adapter and a dc voltage regulator set to 9 volts so the device is powered up. I tried using the usb software but as expected since it isnt the usb model it wont connect.

Nope it isnt the usb one. I already tried that program and it doesnt recognize the power commander

Yes the cable is working i believe it connects to the pc just fine. As per making sure the cable works im not currentlyat my pc so i cant garentee it works.

If the software does not recognize the PC the issue is not the software but either the cable or perhaps the com configuration. Note that a high percentage of USB to serial cables do not work in this application. It also may have worked for someone with a prior version of Windows but perhaps will not work on your system.

I looked for the prior software version, non-USB but cannot find it. But I do not think that would work with a USB to serial conversion setup. I could be wrong but I think pursuing the older software is the wrong approach.

What OS are you using? Some of the below assumes MS Windows:

Does this adapter show up in the control panel or the systray or such, showing its name? That is an indicator that its driver is installed and working. Check the Control Panel Device Manager. Is the device there? Make sure there is no yellow exclamation by it for example. Try different USB ports, either the front of the PC or the back (if it is a laptop forget this.)

Back