Possible relocation - Hemet California

SOooo anyway, what Hemet like?

BTW-What's the best way to ship a motorcycle cross country?

Hemet, like any place, is exactly what you make it. Some fantastic roads around there, and a landing pad for my group each and every time we launch to Idyllwild (will be there day after tomorrow, in fact). The weather is hot/dry; not the humidity of Floridee, by any stretch.

Best way to move a motorcycle? Ride it. :laugh: I know that's not the answer you were looking for, but I couldn't resist.

Good luck, yo...in these times a job is a commodity.

Keep us posted. If you move to Hemet, we'll be (quasi-) neighbors!

Look forward to hearing the outcome. :beerchug:

I would be hard pressed to leave my kids even in their early twenties, but that's me. I certainly don't know you situation or how close you are to retirement with this company, etc. I'd have to see if I could land a job local.

I bought a bike from PA and used Allied Federal to ship it to my driveway for under $500 (with extra $14K insurance). Bike is strapped to a pallet and loaded onto an enclosed trailer.

Lots of good riding awaits you here...Ortega Highway is just down the road from Hemet. A few miles south on the 15 fwy is 76 up to Mt Palomar. BTW, the housing market is slowly bouncing back but good deals still to be found.

P.S. I am in Temecula and we can go for a quick spin when you get here :)

Unfortunately I'm forced to rent (got my name on a few properties here)
that I won't/can't unload...yet.

A couple guys from the company said they hire a moving company
(mayflower or whatever) and they will put the bike in the truck ???

Don't know if I like that or not...
I mean if they crate it and do it right it's not to bad...

One good thing...maybe I can help swing the state :laugh:

Move there and don't look back. You would be missing out on a golden opportunity. Cali rocks! Like Scar and Bubba said, there are fantastic roads, if you like bike clubs, there are plenty of them and during the summer there are picnics and dances every weekend. San Diego is close by and everything that comes with it. One of the most desirable places in the world to be. If I could afford it, I would move there in a heart beat.

Unfortunately I'm forced to rent
( got my name on a few properties here )
that I won't / can't unload . . . yet.

A couple guys from the company said they hire a moving company
( mayflower or whatever ) and they will put the bike in the truck ? ? ?

Don't know if I like that or not . . .
I mean if they crate it
and do it right
it's not too bad . . .

One good thing . . .

Maybe I can help swing the state *

:laugh:

This was standing (staggering) on Sanderson in Hemet about 6months ago, I had to take a picture as I drove by because I couldn't believe it.
IMG_0236.JPG

Had to check a map to see where that was. Welcome to Cali if you come, wish I lived full time in Bakersfield again, but we are in the south bay area now.

My local work situation is terrible (wont go into a lot of details) bet we
have been consolidating facilities from 3 down to 1 and crunching personel
(literally).

Got a call from work asking if I wanted to relocate (at my old position) to
Hemet California.

That's a long way from central florida (been here 39 years) even though...
I hate Florida...to hot, like living in a convection oven and rains daily multiple
times.

The only thing is my two kids, 22 & 23. They don't live with me but my
Daughter lives 1 block away and my Son 20 min., they have their own lives
but we've always been tight. When I got divorced 3 years ago, both
kids went with me. Now I'd be moving 2000+ miles away.

It's a decent oportunity and a chance to leave fl for cali....hmmm.

SOooo anyway, what Hemet like?

BTW-What's the best way to ship a motorcycle cross country?
Hemet? Isn't that where those weirdos in Scientology have their centres? Real bad neighbours. Don't you have a motorcycle transportation service over there? Hmmm great business opportunity

Back