Popping Noise...Need Help!

Ramsden

Registered
Okay...Rode all day yesterday as I have been without any issues. Took a break before heading out again last night. As I was backing the Busa out of the garage, it started making a popping noise (clearly as something was rotating). The noise occures when, the bike is being pushed in reverse (whether running or not/whether in neutral or in gear with clutch pulled in). Popping noise does NOT occure when being pushed forward (not running). Seems I can hear it while coasting in first gear and clutch pulled in (bike running).
Chain tension/alignment seems correct, although I haven't torn it appart to check since the popping started. There are no visible signs of wearing on the teeth of either sprocket.
Any help would be appreciated. I just got done waiting two months for my recalled rectifier to arrive and now this started. : (

Oh...forgot to say I checked the chain and there aren't any kinks. I'm thinking it might be the sprocket shaft bearing (unfortunately). Does anyone have any experience with this, know how difficult/how to change it?

Back