Poor acceleration...

blacked_busa

Registered
Recently ive noticed my 05 busa getting louder in first gear than normal. It seems like my RPM's are higher than what the should be when at a certain mph. In 1st gear im hitting 5500-6000 rpm at 35mph and in 2nd gear im hitting 5000rpm at 40mph. I hit 60mph in 1st gear and it was between 9-10k rpm. I recently change my gear ratio a few months ago from 14/40 (owner before me had a 14 on the front) to 17/43. Does this RPM to MPH sound about right? Ive been riding around with the new gears for awhile but hear recently is just feels like the power on acceleration is weak. I could be just tripping and this normal. I have new plugs and filter so I wouldnt think that would be an issue. Am I tripping or does this not sound right?

ok, still seems a little off according to the chart. I feel like ive recently noticed how sluggish it is but maybe its been that way.

just took it out on the highway. It seems to be off by a couple hundred rpms. I guess my speedometer could be off a little

14 tooth up front you replaced? 17 is factory on a Gen1 so going from 14 to 17 you're gonna notice a major rpm diff at speed.

The previous owners put it on. This was the first time changing the sprockets on it since I owned the bike. Not sure why they needed at 14 tooth sprocket either. I know they had it set up for the track when I bought it so maybe thats why. I figured a 15 or 16 would have been fine for them.

I feel like ive recently noticed how sluggish it is

Maybe you should just keep it that way.

Speeding in VA can get you jail time - or didn't you read that post? :laugh:

Nice looking bike. :thumbsup:

Bet your gas mileage was awesome with a 14 tooth front sprocket! lol :laugh:

LOL yea it sucked! I was getting about 30mpg and thats if i babied it. After i changed the sprockets out it increased about 8mpg which isnt great but its a lot better!

Back