Politicians versus Mechanics

Yea, his voice gets grating after a while though....even though what he says makes sense...

Vehicle companies hate back yard mechanics as it takes away from their service departments. They will soon make it impossible to do anything to a vehicle other than a service tech in a dealership.

Look at many bikes, you can't even change the oil without hooking it up to the computer in a dealership as the company won't release the program to clear codes.

Yea, his voice gets grating after a while though....even though what he says makes sense...

Vehicle companies hate back yard mechanics as it takes away from their service departments. They will soon make it impossible to do anything to a vehicle other than a service tech in a dealership.

Look at many bikes, you can't even change the oil without hooking it up to the computer in a dealership as the company won't release the program to clear codes.

I didn't spend a lot of time looking for a clearly worded article but this one will do.

Right to Repair has taken off and many states have passed legislation to cover cars, electronics etc.

There are lots of articles out there about this on the InterWeb

I didn't spend a lot of time looking for a clearly worded article but this one will do.

Right to Repair has taken off and many states have passed legislation to cover cars, electronics etc.

There are lots of articles out there about this on the InterWeb
Probably never see that up here...be nice if we did and companies would release their codes.

BMW is bad for that, they won't release their code to anyone other than a dealership. My buddy has an S1000R and it went into limp mode on him twice and seeing as the BMW dealer is 2 hrs away, it went there via trailer...

Back