Plenum Brackets or ?

65Cobra

Registered
I noticed some owners made brackets to keep the plenum from blowing off. With the plenum under the gas tank, would it be a better solution to put something up under the tank so when you close the tank it pushes down on the top of the plenum? Anyone done this or have any ideas? Thanks.

Thanks t-b. Anyone know where I can find more information on this, like what was used and how it's done?

id go brackets
they are very easy to make
drill press and 1/2 x 1/8 aluminum strips from home depot is all i used to make straps

Thanks cdhoroho but to be honest, I'm not interested in adding brackets to my setup which is why I was trying another approach. So I'm still open to ideas for an under the tank solution.

Not sure I've seen it lately but I remember someone using a ratchet strap like device to keep their plenum down. Which required no tools to remove as a result. Just a thought.:thumbsup:

Thanks 2000... I'll give that idea more thought. Just to clarify to anyone reading this post, I went through a lot of trouble to make and polish my own plenum. I'd like to be able to lift my tank at bike cruises after all the work I put into everything under the tank, but I'm just not a fan of brackets. I can tell when I lower the tank that it already applies some pressure to the plenum but I'm not sure at what point or how even that pressure is. That had me consider using the tank to hold down the plenum instead of brackets. But a removable strap could work as long as it didn't scratch the plenum while on. Thanks for the help.

Back