Piped, Lowered and Geared 12R going 9.50\'s

OB_Booker

Registered
Hey MDBUSA,

You must not have gotten there early. He went a 9.5X @ 148mph.

GSXRBOY,

The bike is stock except it's piped,lowered, and geared for the quarter. Maybe these so called professionals in your area suck! Except for Gadson of course, but then again I've seen the golden boy Gadson get his wig peeled back by some less well known riders.

May

the zx-12 went 9.50 at 148, and 9.5's all day long. he went a 9.60 when he took the busa's money at the end of the day (for $400, i heard). the rider weighed 175 lbs. I also saw a zx-12 with stock pipe go 9.5? last weekend, but at only 142. I am starting to beliieve that, yes, zx-12's may be faster than busa's with the same mods... the good running one's are posting 148-149 trap speeds nooooo problem. i think i would have to put another grand AT LEAST in my busa to get that kind of MPH....but on the flip side, busa's have way more potential when you build them.

There was a piped, lowered and geared 12R going 9.50's @ 147-148mph yesterday 8/13/00 at Capitol Raceway in Crofton, Maryland.

Was anybody from here there?

He was the fastest street bike in the field.

I would venture to say that there were a couple of other mods done to that ZX12 to get it into the 50's...This weekend in Indy Gadson and Dennis raced a couple of "Race Preped" ZX12's and went 9.38-10.40's. Now these are pro riders that only weigh in at 120lbs!

I was there. I didn't see that ZX-12 go a 9.50 but I did see him go a 9.60 147mph. Last week at MIR a friend rode a Zx-12, stock pipe, geared and lowered. 9.58 144 mph. He weighs 150lbs.

Booker - Saying that Gadson or Keith Dennis sucks is a pretty funny comment! I believe Keith held the fastest streetbike record for about 3 years and is running 7's this year.

MOTORHEAD/NLR - Those were the 2 I was talking about, Dennis and Gadson in the grudge match. Although those were "race prepped" by team green...

As for a ZX12 taking a Busa cash you better tell the Busa owner to learn to ride. Unless the ZX12 has some "hidden" work done there is no way it will hang with a Busa. I raced a piped and lowered ZX12 with a 8" Trac arm on it. I got about 2 bikes on him out of the hole and just walked away. It felt like I was racing a ZX9!

Daddy Long Stroke,

What color Busa do you have? I think I may know you. The Busa won that race, the Busa stole on the ZX-12 and the ZX-12 broke tire. They had to run off of a flag man because the track shut down everything.

I fail to understand what all the hubbub is.
Both the ZX12 as well as the Hayabusa's run these numbers easily. I have a guy racing out of my shop who has gone in the 9.60's at 148 and is far from a pro rider. Both bikes absolutely screw!...all there is to it.

Back