Ping- Scar! Headed to AZ tomorrow

busa-josh

Got Tires?
Donating Member
Registered
I wont have my bike for the first part of my trip but I am headed to AZ tomorrow AM. Going to be there until October and I think Im going to swing back home and pick up my bike (no trailer so I have to trade it out for the car).

Scar, Mark (thoughts for him and our fellow OKies with the nasty weather problems) and Coby have told me many times to hook up with you. Where are you at? Im going to be in the South near Sierra Vista area. I will be having evenings off and Sundays for the most part. Hope I can meet up with you and maybe some other AZ .ORGers. Any chance you're within easy driving distance?

I wont have my bike for the first part of my trip but I am headed to AZ tomorrow AM. Going to be there until October and I think Im going to swing back home and pick up my bike (no trailer so I have to trade it out for the car).

Scar, Mark (thoughts for him and our fellow OKies with the nasty weather problems) and Coby have told me many times to hook up with you. Where are you at? Im going to be in the South near Sierra Vista area. I will be having evenings off and Sundays for the most part. Hope I can meet up with you and maybe some other AZ .ORGers. Any chance you're within easy driving distance?

If you are going to be in AZ for that long, do you think you could make the Stampede?
Or at least a few rides to SoCal and meet up with us?
You will not believe the roads of SD and I would gladly give you a place to stay for a night or two!:beerchug:
Bubba

Bubba youre the best bud! I'd love to make the Stampede it will just depend on my time off. It looks like a 16 hour drive/ride from where I am going to be. I gotta take the car in the beginning to get all my gear and uniforms out there. If i can make it (on the bike or in the car) I will... but timing will have to be right. Would love to see you and so many of the other faces in person. My 6 day work week will dictate what my freedoms are though.... gotta love temporary duty military assignments... limited time off.

Last edited:
My parents live in Tucson which is about 70 miles from you. I'll be there over memorial day weekend if you think you'll have a bike by then let us know. We always do a day ride together over Memorial Day weekend and you're more than welcome to join in. There will be some HDs though. :laugh:

If that doesn't work for you I'm usually down every other month so I'm sure we can plan a ride between now and October. :beerchug:

Bubba youre the best bud! I'd love to make the Stampede it will just depend on my time off. It looks like a 16 hour drive/ride from where I am going to be. I gotta take the car in the beginning to get all my gear and uniforms out there. If i can make it (on the bike or in the car) I will... but timing will have to be right. Would love to see you and so many of the other faces in person. My 6 day work week will dictate what my freedoms are though.... gotta love temporary duty military assignments... limited time off.

Thank you for your service, and there is no way that we will not meet! If I have to ride to AZ while you are here than so be it. :thumbsup: Scar does this trip several time a month and rides the twisties on the weekend, so there is no excuse for me not getting together with you in some way!

I will do what it takes to make this meeting.:beerchug:

My parents live in Tucson which is about 70 miles from you. I'll be there over memorial day weekend if you think you'll have a bike by then let us know. We always do a day ride together over Memorial Day weekend and you're more than welcome to join in. There will be some HDs though. :laugh:

If that doesn't work for you I'm usually down every other month so I'm sure we can plan a ride between now and October. :beerchug:

Nick, we will meet also soon, I hope!
Are you planning any SoCal trips this year?
Stampede?
Bubba

I'm hoping to get to drive home that weekend and see my wife and ride the Busa back for the rest of the summer. So i dont know if that weekend will work or not but another later in the summer might and then Ill have the bike. If for some reason I dont come home for the Busa-girl i can follow (even film??) your group doing some good rides in my vette. Twisties are still fun in the car! Ill definitely be in Tuscon quite a bit. I hear Sierra Vista can get boring really quick.

Thank you for your service, and there is no way that we will not meet! If I have to ride to AZ while you are here than so be it. :thumbsup: Scar does this trip several time a month and rides the twisties on the weekend, so there is no excuse for me not getting together with you in some way!

I will do what it takes to make this meeting.:beerchug:

I agree! Ill have the net there so we can sinc up and work something out. Other than seeing a different landscape; meeting up with you crazy desert dwellers has been my highlight for this trip. And thank you Bubba.

Last edited:
Nick, we will meet also soon, I hope!
Are you planning any SoCal trips this year?
Stampede?
Bubba

I hope to meet you soon also!

I don't have any trips planned to SoCal as of yet but I got a pretty easy work schedule and get off work around 3 pm on Friday's and don't have to report back until Monday. So in theory I can head to SoCal any weekend. :thumbsup:

I'm also not sure about the Stampede as of yet either. My 30th birthday is the 10th of August and my mom is pushing me to go to Strugis with them in the RV to celebrate. I want to go to the Stampede myself but mom's have a sneaky way of winning these arguments. :laugh:

I'm hoping to get to drive home that weekend and see my wife and ride the Busa back for the rest of the summer. So i dont know if that weekend will work or not but another later in the summer might and then Ill have the bike. If for some reason I dont come home for the Busa-girl i can follow (even film??) your group doing some good rides in my vette. Twisties are still fun in the car! Ill definitely be in Tuscon quite a bit. I hear Sierra Vista can get boring really quick.

Sounds like a good plan to me. I'll send you a message the week of Memorial Day to see what you are able to work out. I personally think Tucson gets boring pretty fast so I couldn't imagine what Sierra Vista is like then. :laugh:

our son in june is supposed to be going to mississippi for predeployment through july off in aug then deployed in sept. enjoy your time up there josh...good peeps to hang with

Thanks Chris! Keep me updated on your son's status.

Nick, Ill shoot you a PM later with my ph # so you and the Western guys can get a hold of me easier. Still not sure on the status of internet at my new home. It is supposed to be good but as ive learned, nothing is as it seems.

Im pretty excited about the summer (aside from being away from my wife yet again), havent been to AZ in years.. I love the west... for a visit. Too bad its such a short visit.. and Ive got a follow on assignment overseas for a year yet again. Gotta love this life cause you can never get comfortable! My poor Busa is neglected.... good thing Jiffy_Pop (wife) wants to ride it a bit now. Breaks my heart though.

Josh,

Enjoy your short stint out that way. Some good peeps are bound to hook up w/ you at some point.

Hey, bro, sorry for just now seeing this thread.

Definitely we should get together.

In fact, Saturday is a sale at Cycle Gear and I'm going to roll over there and gank a couple of things. It'd be cool to hang for a bit; if you're interested.

I'll PM you my cell number and let's make a plan.

Welcome to the land of 'random photo enforcement zones'. :beerchug:

:rofl:

No, really.

Back