Pics from Lolo Pass trip

BentValve

Alive & enjoying it!
Donating Member
Registered
Saturday afternoon I left from Bellingham WA to meet MJN and a few other guys in Kennewick WA , I took the scenic route over highway 2 and Stevens pass and arrivied into Kennewick via highway 240 which went thur the Hanford nuclear facilities. Here I ran into the longest and straighest roads I have seen in 10 years and of course I took advantage of this. I cannot explain the joy I felt when I first laid eyes on these straight roads that literally looked to have no end.
Come to find out I was riding about parallel to the REALLY staight roads!! I have to come up with an excuse to go to the tri-cities again so I can hit these!!!

Anyways from Kennewick we rode to Lewiston and stayed at a nice hotel , Sunday we rode Lolo pass which is what Id consider to be a road that was made for the Busa... basically it is 77 miles of 40-50mph LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONGGGGG sweepers. I am talking you can get into one of these bad boys , get your bike leaned over and have enough time to drink a cup of coffee by the time your exit it, 2 cups if your doing 80mph.
laugh.gif

It was alot of fun, these are the kind of corners that can be really enjoyed, set it up ride it out and get ready for another...these 77 miles seemed like 20 min. worth....maybe they were , I was not keeping time.
smile.gif

All told there were only 9 of us after several others backed out of the trip...too bad for them.

Anyways from there we went to Missoula , ate lunch and continued on to Thompson Falls MT where we spent the night again.

Monday we headed for home, we both rode up Hwy 20 to Colville where we spilt up, I kept on and rode the entire North Cascades over 3 moutain passes. I finally got home late Monday, logged on 1400 miles total. It was fun, I look forward to riding Lolo pass again. And I am really, really
looking forward to hitting some of those straight roads again near Hanford. Even the roads I rode I guarantee there is no bike on earth you could not top out...and as I said apparantly I rode the crappy ones.
wow.gif

Here is MJN suiting up , it was spinkling when we left but we never did get rained on. All of us were out of the rain gear in a few hours.

Here is the crew, our first gas up before the ride Sunday,

Getting ready for the fun stuff.

Sorry, no pics in between ..no way we were stopping!

Quick break after the fun stuff @ the Montanta border @ lolo,

Another @ the border:

The rest of the pics are @ Thompson falls where we spent the night Sunday. We pretty much had the place to ourselves.
Good food, nice bar, awesome scenery. Very nice.

<!--EDIT|BentValve
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121228035 -->

Those pictures look great and I think that a trip to RimRock Lodge and Lolo pass would be a great trip for the family.
smile.gif

A nice touch to have my little bro flip everyone the bird behind my head doncha think???
tounge.gif

Nice pics, by the looks of the map the roads looked like a blast to ride. Thx for sharing...

I've got to get out there and ride someday. That looks like an awesome ride. Thanks for posting up.

Wow, beautiful scenic routes!

Looks like a blast...thanks for posting up pics...
cool.gif

Here's a good shot of my and BV's bikes at the begining of the real fun.....this is the obligatory pic, ya gotta have this one to prove you were there!

lp1.JPG

Here's a good shot of BV. One of our stops going up the pass...

lp2.JPG

Where we parted ways with BV, Colville wa. beautiful country!!

lp8.JPG

BV took this pic of the rest of us just before he blasted off to the other side of the state...

lp7.JPG

We met another board member at the bar Sat nite in Lewiston, valleybusa came down with his better half and joined us for a few beverages.
Great guy! Turns out he knows my bro as well...
He couldn't go along with us cause his busa had some......well......issues. (little incident with someone else at the helm, it's down and out for a while..)

BV is a very competent rider, and really made the twisties fun for me... we had quite a few blasts around a buck fifty, but stayed around 80 or so most of the time.

All in all, a great couple of days! My odo said 915 miles when I shut her off last nite.
Hell, great roads, no ticets, nobody fell down, everyone got along GREAT, lots of good conversation ( until the wee hours each nite!)

What more could you ask for??!

Next year we're doin' Oregon.......

Who's comming?

Back