Permission granted!

Interesting. But in larger towns if you look at the poles around the intersections it looks like there are video cameras on them. While some intersections are monitored, most of the camera looking things are motion detectors. These can pick up a motorcycle way better than the detectors that they are placed in the road surface, and when they break the road doesn't need to be torn up to replace them.

Hopefully other states will adopt this, anoyone ever gotten pulled over for running a light? Did the cop understand and let you off or write you up?

Interesting.  But in larger towns if you look at the poles around the intersections it looks like there are video cameras on them.  While some intersections are monitored, most of the camera looking things are motion detectors.  These can pick up a motorcycle way better than the detectors that they are placed in the road surface, and when they break the road doesn't need to be torn up to replace them.
Interesting that you pointed that out, as most folks didn't know! Did you also no some of these have special sensors in them for emergency vehicles? When they approach the intersection they use their lights (very bright strobes, usally mounted on top of the vehicle) to trip a special feature on the monitor that turns the traffic signal into a Red flashing four way............... Helps save lives.

Yeah I have been in this situation a few times.

The best was really late at night sitting at a light in Colorado.  Two cop cars sitting on the parking lot of the Circle K on the corner.  I pull up and sit...then I push it backwards and continue to sit.  After about a good 1:30 of sitting I looked at the cop who was at this point watching me, shrugged my shoulders put her in gear, looked both ways and away I went, neither cop budged.

I figure if you make a good effort to trip the light and use a little patience, they are not inclined to mess with you.

I was in CA, and after waiting over 3 minutes with no (I thought) traffic, I went through the light. From out of nowhere, a cop pulled me over and I was busted!

He said that the next time he'd give me a ticket and suggested doing the right turn, u-turn, right turn to get where I was going.

From an insurance standpoint, if you were hit, or caused an accident by going through, you would be SCREWED!

from my understanding in Florida, there is a law that basically says something like

"if the stop light fails, a car can proceed through the intersection if he is careful."

I have zero patience for those lights, if they dont pick me up, I'm going to take the light.

Yea like I'm going to sit at the traffic light by myself for 20 minutes because I "dont want to break the law" LOL

Mike

Back