PC2 Effect on Overall Power

OB_Tom Mitchell

Registered
I installed a Power Commander over the weekend on a '99 with Two Brothers slip-on, using map 2 (full race slip-on). The driveability of the engined is strikingly better at all throttle openings. However, on a seat-of-the-pants basis it seems like the full throttle power delivery is slightly down. Previously, it was routine to get the front wheel up with anything over 3/4 throttle application. Now, the wheel seems planted as long as I'm over the tank. Don't get me wrong, there is still a tremendous amount of power and this could all be in my imagination, but it does seem that the top-end may have been affected. Has anyone else experienced this, and what did you do about it, if anything.

That map is wrong. My bike bogged on low rpm with it. I will be installing an oxygen sensor and haltech meter soon. This will tell me the information needed to modify the map and make the appropriate "SLIP ON" map for the two brothers exhaust. Try what i have done for now. Use map number 1. this is the tweaked "stock" busa map. Then modify the high end, over 7000 rpm to read all 0 whereever there is negative numbers. This seemed to work well for now. I will let you know when i get it right from exhaust gas oxygen content readings.

[This message has been edited by bimmerbusa (edited 22 May 2000).]

Bimmer - I would be interested in seeing the map you have when completed. I'm using a PC2 with D&D's and BMC. tds@brightok.net

[This message has been edited by Todd (edited 22 May 2000).]

Thanks, Bimmer. I would be extremely grateful if you would post the PC2 map for the Two Brothers slip on once you install the O2 sensor. That's invaluable information.

Back