PashnitBusa RIDE California Video - Part I

pashnit

Donating Member
Site Sponsor
Registered
Our video we brought to the International Motorcycle Show, with the PashnitBusa the star of the show. Covering coastal California and all the way over to the Sierra Nevada Mtns, shot over 4 days, this is Part 1. Might recognize that black leathered guy on the blue/silver busa. Lot of fun shooting this. Watch for sparks.:laugh:

Lot of Hayabusa knee-draggin' in this one. :whistle:

Click to watch: 5:00
[URL="
pashnit_vid1.jpg[/URL]

We got a great reception for the vid, show-goers stopped and watched it all the way through! :thumbsup:

DSC03318.jpg

DSC03317.jpg

Special thanks to 4theriders.com who produced and directed the video.

pashnit_vid1.jpg

DSC03318.jpg

DSC03317.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome video. What I like about it is that it really catches the beauty of sport riding. It's much easier to do that in a place like Cali, but still very skillful filming and editing. Great music too. Seems everyone thinks you have to be mad at the world to ride fast. It's much cooler when your're riding with your brains, not your emotions.

Seems everyone thinks you have to be mad at the world to ride fast. It's much cooler when your're riding with your brains, not your emotions.

What's a bit tricky about the filming & knee-dragging is we aren't going that fast. You can easily put a knee down at 30 mph provided the corner is right and the technique is correct.

I've ridden some 200,000 miles on these roads and putting the knee down gets a bit addictive. What's different about it is the line through the corner has to be perfect. The speed has to be modulated perfectly and body position and smoothness is king. It takes an immense amount of concentration and focus and that's what I think I like the best. Plus the Hayabusa is king when it comes to rolling on the horsepower out of the turns. :thumbsup:

As a sidenote, the sparky sliders were from a thread we had here on the org about those. There was a buy now link and 60 seconds later I owned a set of titanium sliders. All your fault. :laugh:

What WAS that sparky slider linky Tim?

Motrax Rok Tear Drop Slider Sparky Black

Keith, here's the link:
Motrax Rok Tear Drop Slider Sparky Black

(Cycle Gear doesn't seem to carry these anymore but sure you could find them somewhere)

Got them from Cycle Gear, ironically enough, it was you guys talking about these in another thread awhile back that made me buy two sets. Halfway through the 2nd set. :whistle:

One thing about these sliders is they are all show and no go. If you put them on the ground too much, the slider material starts to get really hot (from the friction) & melt. That wasn't in the brochure. :laugh:

Nevertheless, they are great fun and I'll buy some more when the 2nd set is burned off... For that track though, I'd go find the hardest slider material you can get. That seems to work best for me on other sets that I've ground down.

Last edited:
Back