paint codes ,need help

chevelle

Donating Member
Registered
i need paint code for 05 busa black,dealer said no,something about exclusive with colorite,parts are at the bodyshop and he needs the code to mix up the paint,is this info available?
thanks

i need paint code for 05 busa black,dealer said no,something about exclusive with colorite,parts are at the bodyshop and he needs the code to mix up the paint,is this info available?
thanks
You'll probably have to let the paint store scan the original parts with their color matching computer equipment. Even if you call Color-Rite and get the codes none of the automotive paint manufacturers are going to have formulas for jap bike colors. I've exhausted ALL of my automotive paint industry contacts and came up with absolutely nothing.

Unless you buy your paint from Color-Rite you're going to have to let the paint store match to a piece with the original color on it. Wish there was another way, but it seems like Color-Rite has sewn the factory match formula thing up...
sad.gif

look on the technical posts... there is a stickie. Not sure if 05's are there or not.
The paint codes may be available but no mix formulas are going to be available through automotive paint retailers. The paint companies don't have mix formulas for jap bikes. It will still have to be custom matched by hand or computer...

Its true, its a color rite thing..It can't be scanned eather from what my local paint store says at least as far as the '03 AE goes due the pearl in it..I don't know..
sad.gif

thanks everyone, not what i wanted to hear,but i guess thats the way it goes,cant wait to see how much this is going to cost,and how much longer it's going to take

I sent colorrite about $350 for two pints of paint that was supposed to be for my bike and it wasn't even close. They told me it wasn't applied right or something (it was) and basically go piss up a rope was my answer. Great company! Do yourself a favor and throw your money in the trash before you give it to those a-holes.

I sent colorrite about $350 for two pints of paint that was supposed to be for my bike and it wasn't even close. They told me it wasn't applied right or something (it was) and basically go piss up a rope was my answer. Great company! Do yourself a favor and throw your money in the trash before you give it to those a-holes.
Not the first time I heard that...

well,colorrite is not a option for me,my painter(top shelf)
will not gaurantee someonelses paint,he did a couple of digatal scans,will have first test shot on monday,05 has a tiny bit of pearl,much less then 02,03

i thought making my 05 all black was going to be a peice of cake,but not so,but it will be worth the effort in the end

thanks,its starting to come together,just finised brake upgrade
4 line hel,black ti/ends,ebc hh pads,yosh pipe,pc3r and co2 shifter on the way,then a&j set up

i thought making my 05 all black was going to be a peice of cake,but not so,but it will be worth the effort in the end
It would be if you weren't insisting on matching the factory color... Could have went with an available black that was similar and I doubt anyone in the world but you and your painter would know, or really care.
wink.gif

i am paint matching used parts,tank fairing fender so that i can go back to the origonal colors if i choose to

Take off one of your side fairings. There should be a "3" character code written by hand from the factory on the back side.

My '04 LE has "YU7" on the back side which according to Color-rite, and my dealer, is the correct color code for the '04 LE.

Hope it helps.

beerchug.gif

thanks...heres what i found,right side ya4 10/15 (7)or(T)?
not sure which,left side the same plus 10/16 (G) or (6)?
#4 i guess ya4 is the paint code for black 10/15 10/16 the build dates
bike was built in oct.0/4 not sure about the rest,maybe
g#4 is the gray paint code?

ya4 should be the paint code for the base paint color. My busa only has one color, so I can't tell you much about the two color paint codes, but I hope it helps.

beerchug.gif

its black,all black and i like it,never had a bike painted before
and despite the painters good rep,i was quite nervous about
the outcome,couldn't be happier,think i got bumped to the front, friend of a friend,happened much faster then i thought it would,i think i will have him paint a few more small peices,also want to ask him about painting the wheels on my 12,black of course,wish i had a dig cam for pics,have to get one,but dont know a thing about them,the 12 is being dyno'd now,should be done in a day or 2,thanks for all the help you gave me,trulyappreciated

Back