Paint codes for Gen 3

I’ve used ColorRite before and they’re really good! Automotive Touchups is another I’ve used and they’re paint matches up perfectly!

Called Suzuki yesterday and for the CANDY BURNT GOLD they code is QSY. Now I tried that color in PPG and on colorrite.com and that code doesnt even come up yet. I guess that gold is new and only on this bike. Great.....

There is probably no rush to produce the paint, as looking at it from an industry standpoint(Insurance companies), the gold is only on small parts, so if you damage one and filed an insurance claim, the part itself would be cheaper to replace than to repair, prep, and paint.
Unfortunately for anyone wanting to paint more pieces that color, you'll have to wait.

Bumping this .. I found this on Color rite site already, any reason not to assume the white busa is the pearl brilliant white paint code?

Screenshot_20220601-211122.png

Anyone confirm? I'd like to confirm, if possible. Google doesn't show much when I search for that paint code, actually shows a red. I sent my paint guy the same screen shot just now, but I'm guessing it's a 3 stage paint, base, pearl clear maybe and the 4478 is the pearl coat.

Anyone confirm? I'd like to confirm, if possible. Google doesn't show much when I search for that paint code, actually shows a red. I sent my paint guy the same screen shot just now, but I'm guessing it's a 3 stage paint, base, pearl clear maybe and the 4478 is the pearl coat.
4478 is their color formula. The suzuki code is the very far left. Colorrite is the place to get bike paint though. Their stuff is spot on. I work in a body shop and cant pull up my orange. Colorrite havent even formulated their own code for it yet. The bike manufacturers dont always share paint mixes. So colorrite does a camera shot and spray outs until they get it dead on.

4478 is their color formula. The suzuki code is the very far left. Colorrite is the place to get bike paint though. Their stuff is spot on. I work in a body shop and cant pull up my orange. Colorrite havent even formulated their own code for it yet. The bike manufacturers dont always share paint mixes. So colorrite does a camera shot and spray outs until they get it dead on.

Thanks!

The 4478 is also on the far left so hoped it was the actual paint code, although it's not a typical paint code (to me). i'm guessing that's the top pearl coat of the white (likely their code like you said) since the regular brilliant white code looks typical.

I'm letting my paint guy mix it up at the dealership, so hopefully it's doable.... If not, I'll have to get some ordered ASAP from them and patiently wait.

Totally guessing here though!

Bumping this .. I found this on Color rite site already, any reason not to assume the white busa is the pearl brilliant white paint code?

View attachment 1651697
Great work finding and posting these codes. Without wishing to sound too much like a goon, can I assume that the Candy Daring Red is the red used on the 2020 Matte Silver/Daring Red? I am seriously considering painting the top infill panels [between the side fairing panel and gas tank] to match the other Daring Red sections on my Matte Silver bike.

Great work finding and posting these codes. Without wishing to sound too much like a goon, can I assume that the Candy Daring Red is the red used on the 2020 Matte Silver/Daring Red? I am seriously considering painting the top infill panels [between the side fairing panel and gas tank] to match the other Daring Red sections on my Matte Silver bike.

My paint guy couldn't get a color match so I had to punt on the boomerangs being body color. It's been a bit since then, so people may have more access to the color match.

Back