Package stolen!!! (thanks ballz motorsports)

Like mentioned above.....maybe it was left on someone elses porch?
I have had packages dropped here that did not belong to me, but the street behind with same house number. And I have had packages dropped a couple of houses down.

...and all showed delivered

So wait, you agreed to their fix of repurchasing the parts at dealer cost and then disputed the first charges? Did they do a driver follow up? Sometimes they can send the driver out and he can figure out what went wrong.

No I disputed first but after seeing what was going to happen (nothing) I asked for discount because I still wanted the parts. Im out of town but my wife and son went to neighbors and asked around but no one seen anything. I'm the only person on small street with bikes and I have my busa plus new can am spyder so everyone knows us! I am getting off boat today and coming home for my two weeks off and I am going to post office tomorrow and talking to them again in person. It's not over but I just don't have any faith of anything really happening. I just know and hope everyone ensures from know on that all there goodies come with signature required!!!

I don't know the official policy, but it sounds like the dispute should be between the seller and the shipper. The bottom line is you, the customer, did not receive the goods that you paid for. There's no way I would pay anybody twice to get one order. Good luck.

Wow that's sucks. But I would think it should have been insured. Not to mention if their cost was only 25$ markup that is the cheapest motorsports store ever, the place I worked was more like 200% markup at least! And still competitive prices to give u an idea of normal markup. ($400 icon helmets for around 85-150). Anyway hope all is well this time around.

I had this happened to me with the buell peg mod a couple years ago. They said they delivered it, but it wasn't at the house. I asked the USPS people, they said they scanned it at the office to save time on the street. I go whats the point of having to scan to show delivery, when you don't scan it upon delivery.... I was pissed!

First of all let me say that this post was just now brought to my attention almost a year later. If any of you members ever see anything regarding my company and want an explanation please do bring the thread to my attention.

Our shipping policy has been the same for several years. It is structered by paypal's recommendations as that is how all payments are received by us including credit/debt payments. The only exception are for cash purchases made in our store.

1. If shipping to a commercial location, apartment or similar, a signature is required.
2. Signature is required and insurance is included for All orders Over $250 at no additional charge to the customer.
3. If a customer requests a signature confirmation for an order Under $250 it is included at no charge to the customer.
4. If a customer requests insurance for an order Under $250 it is available for an additional charge to the customer.

That said customers get upset with us often for requiring a signature because they are not home when USPS or UPS run. They end up having to make a special trip to pick up thier packages. It is impossible to please everyone but we do our very best. Damned if we do and Damned if we don't. At the same time we do have to protect ourselves. There have been countless cases where a customer claims they didn't receive their package even when we have a copy of their signature showing it was delivered correctly. Unfortunately there are people out there that consistantly scam companies. I Do Not believe that is the case on this one we helped the customer best we could. We cannot be held responsible for theft, law enforcement is responsible for helping in that situation.

I was able to pull up this customers order.

Order placed 09/02/2011 via ebay for $249.96. We printed the shipping label electronically from paypal and shipped the item to the customers confirmed shipping address. Paypal sided with us on the dispute/chargeback because we did everything correct on our end. I agree that the cost is very very close to $250. After this incodent I did tell employees if close to go ahead and require the signature and insurance. But realistically insuranse does not help if a package shows delivered and the customer claims it has not been. The insurance only helps if the package tracking shows not delivered or if the package is damaged. The address on this order does not have an apartment, duplex number, suite number etc. So we were not aware that is was shipping to a duplex until the customer contacted us after the fact. When googling the shipping address it is an entrance to a nice gated community.

That said when this customer called we recommended that he speak with the Post Master at his post office, the carrier that delivered the package, roomates, neighbors, check property behind bushes etc. If no luck to file a police report as the package was more than likely stolen. We gave him a $56.39 discount on the second order he placed which was at our dealer cost and below dealer cost after processing/shipping the order. He chose to upgrade shipping to UPS 2 day select which cost him an additional $22.95. To you guys that think that motorcycle shops are marking items up 300-400% your sadly mistaken. The motorcycle aftermarket industry standard is 25-30% mark up to retail. A physical motorcycle related store front which involves a ton of other overhead is required to obtain dealer status. This is only for lower priced items. Once you get into the higher priced items it is not uncommon for the dealer margin to be 10-15% from retail. 90% of items online are already discounted below retail making the margin even less. There are exceptions but just letting you know that our shops profit margin is very very small and we work in volume to pay the bills. Overhead is very high and profits very low, realistically we are only in the green 3-4 months per year and are in the read the other 7-8 months.

We ship several thousand packages a year and have been subject to every scam known to man. We do our absolute best to make shipments smooth for the customer and also protect ourselves. Shipping is free on www.BallZmotorsports.com for 95% of orders over $50. That is the same with orders over $250 but these also inclued signature required and insured at no expense to the customer.

Hope this helps you understand. If not sorry.

Kind Regards,
888-511-BIKE(2453)

whoa whoa whoa do not pay for it again, even if there was no insurance directly on the package the companies insurance covers loss of goods, Major companies like that very seldom send through the post office and even when they do they insure the package to cover them from having to put a claim against their insurance as its cheaper for them. You need to contact them again because honestly that is unacceptable. They should cover the loss and it should not be your responsibility, in my eyes that is a company not wanting to have to eat the loss and ive dealt with that alot and have learned that it is their responsibility even if they did not put insurance on the package.

Company insurance does not cover theft of a package at a customers home.

UPS does from my experience. I had a package "delivered" twice and it disappeared (once due to neglect of the driver leaving it by the road) in a 6 month period (****ty UPS person). Both times UPS awarded the shipper the insurance amount and I was shipped a replacement product.

Yeah having a nice shiny box sitting in front of your door is asking for it. I have all my packages delivered to my aunts house, shes home all day and lives out in the middle of no where so its less likely a kid is gonna stroll pass and get some ideas. Pay the xtra money for signature or have it sent some where safer or like previously mentioned at your work

UPS does from my experience. I had a package "delivered" twice and it disappeared (once due to neglect of the driver leaving it by the road) in a 6 month period (****ty UPS person). Both times UPS awarded the shipper the insurance amount and I was shipped a replacement product.

ups fedex and airborne express/dhl (i worked for dhl so i know this for a fact) have it and the usps has a policy for it as well, and as for a company to ship a product technically it has a shipping department which is covered under their company insurance which covers the product to be shipped out of your warehouse and to the customer and to cover any problems with the shipper. If a package is not signed for it is technically not received hence why ups fedex and dhl all make you sign for packages when they are delivered because it shows a change of possession between courier and recipient. I ship and receive an average of 5+ packages a week so i have dealt with this more times than i can count including recently dealing with a television that was supposedly left at my door (who the heck leaves a tv at a door in a bad neighborhood). Every package is covered under base insurance through the shipper when you choose to pay for insurance you are putting an extended insurance for a set amount of a product on the package. Even if the product was bought only for $100 you are paying to have it insured for a set amount say $500 which you believe it will cost to replace it and to compensate you for the inconvenience.

First of all let me say that this post was just now brought to my attention almost a year later. If any of you members ever see anything regarding my company and want an explanation please do bring the thread to my attention.

Our shipping policy has been the same for several years. It is structered by paypal's recommendations as that is how all payments are received by us including credit/debt payments. The only exception are for cash purchases made in our store.

1. If shipping to a commercial location, apartment or similar, a signature is required.
2. Signature is required and insurance is included for All orders Over $250 at no additional charge to the customer.
3. If a customer requests a signature confirmation for an order Under $250 it is included at no charge to the customer.
4. If a customer requests insurance for an order Under $250 it is available for an additional charge to the customer.

That said customers get upset with us often for requiring a signature because they are not home when USPS or UPS run. They end up having to make a special trip to pick up thier packages. It is impossible to please everyone but we do our very best. Damned if we do and Damned if we don't. At the same time we do have to protect ourselves. There have been countless cases where a customer claims they didn't receive their package even when we have a copy of their signature showing it was delivered correctly. Unfortunately there are people out there that consistantly scam companies. I Do Not believe that is the case on this one we helped the customer best we could. We cannot be held responsible for theft, law enforcement is responsible for helping in that situation.

I was able to pull up this customers order.

Order placed 09/02/2011 via ebay for $249.96. We printed the shipping label electronically from paypal and shipped the item to the customers confirmed shipping address. Paypal sided with us on the dispute/chargeback because we did everything correct on our end. I agree that the cost is very very close to $250. After this incodent I did tell employees if close to go ahead and require the signature and insurance. But realistically insuranse does not help if a package shows delivered and the customer claims it has not been. The insurance only helps if the package tracking shows not delivered or if the package is damaged. The address on this order does not have an apartment, duplex number, suite number etc. So we were not aware that is was shipping to a duplex until the customer contacted us after the fact. When googling the shipping address it is an entrance to a nice gated community.

That said when this customer called we recommended that he speak with the Post Master at his post office, the carrier that delivered the package, roomates, neighbors, check property behind bushes etc. If no luck to file a police report as the package was more than likely stolen. We gave him a $56.39 discount on the second order he placed which was at our dealer cost and below dealer cost after processing/shipping the order. He chose to upgrade shipping to UPS 2 day select which cost him an additional $22.95. To you guys that think that motorcycle shops are marking items up 300-400% your sadly mistaken. The motorcycle aftermarket industry standard is 25-30% mark up to retail. A physical motorcycle related store front which involves a ton of other overhead is required to obtain dealer status. This is only for lower priced items. Once you get into the higher priced items it is not uncommon for the dealer margin to be 10-15% from retail. 90% of items online are already discounted below retail making the margin even less. There are exceptions but just letting you know that our shops profit margin is very very small and we work in volume to pay the bills. Overhead is very high and profits very low, realistically we are only in the green 3-4 months per year and are in the read the other 7-8 months.

We ship several thousand packages a year and have been subject to every scam known to man. We do our absolute best to make shipments smooth for the customer and also protect ourselves. Shipping is free on www.BallZmotorsports.com for 95% of orders over $50. That is the same with orders over $250 but these also inclued signature required and insured at no expense to the customer.

Hope this helps you understand. If not sorry.

Kind Regards,
888-511-BIKE(2453)

I just seen where it was signature required in your policy for apartment! This was condo, what's the difference?

Towboater68 said:
I just seen where it was signature required in your policy for apartment! This was condo, what's the difference?

In his explanation he stated that they did not know it was a condo until after the fact.

Well all I have to say about the whole situation is I got screwed. Like I stated at first I didn't blame the company. They did there part of shipping the items. I was disappointed that for that amount of money that a signature was not required or insurance was not placed on the package. I paid 450.00 for 250.00 of parts. I just learned that I never order anything without making sure that this is done so I don't get screwed again. Since then I have cancelled an order from a place because they didn't offer signature required (not bike parts) I hold no grudge against this company and would buy from them again as long as it was signature required!

Maybe it was the Delivery Courier, Probably has a busa too. I stay at 2351 and I always get 2357s mail and vice versa, maybe the driver has delivered boxes there before and knows your getting some goodies so he works in cahoots with some one.:moon:

I DID NOT mean to fan the flames and bring up a soar subject with ANY members of THE ORG. or it's SPONSORS!!!!!! I apologize if I offended anyone. I just made a decent size order with this company and then saw this thread and questioned them on their policy's. Just for the record even after seeing this thread I would still purchase from them!!!

Back