Opinions on Brocks Gen4 vs Akrapovic and other Mods

Big Jack,
Do yourself the biggest favor and let Johnny tune it.
I used to use Sabin and i'm not taking anything away from him. You'll get a good tune. It's just that Johnny pretty much deals with only Hayabusas now, and he knows them like the back of his hand. Sabin tunes a lot of road race smaller bikes. Johnny makes HP.
JUst MY $.02

Hope it helps.

I have the full dual Akrapovic on my gen2.
With the baffles in I can't hear the engine/exhaust over the wind noise above 45mph. Quiet, and I like it that way. You'll never hear which way I went.
Imagine if the stock exhaust sounded good, that's what it sounds like.:laugh:
With the baffles out the tone is alot deeper.
They are louder but not even close to obnoxious, and still quiet compared to an Alienhead.
As far as mpg I haven't noticed any difference(I rarely keep up with it).
Akrapovic says their exhausts are built to use the stock fuel/ignition maps(not to say a good dyno tune won't improve things).
Even though the mapping isn't perfect(can be improved on a stock bike), having the catalytic converter gone is good.
It's no longer cooking your feet. Letting the exhaust flow without being slowed and having more heat build up from the cat can only be an improvement. Even an insignificant amount of improvement wouldn't be a negative towards mpg. So with a proper tune I'de *assume* you could stay within a few mpg's of a stock bike, or maybe even the same...if your right wrist will allow it.:laugh:
I've gotten 49mpg, even with alot of triple digit highway cruising, which rarely happens(was a commute to an old job).
I mainly get low to mid 30mpg. I also have a +3 rear sprocket and run the bike very hard though.
The weight loss from whatever full exhaust you choose will a be a noticeble handling improvement anyway.:beerchug:

Here are the Akrapovic full single and full dual exhausts at Motomummy.
They are the cheapest I have found new, even though the prices have went up alot recently.

https://www.motomummy.com/store/product.php?productid=17468&cat=468&page=1

https://www.motomummy.com/store/product.php?productid=18316&cat=468&page=1

Thanks, Im leaning toward Akrapovic. Just indecisive when it comes to this stuff :banghead:

Go with Akrapovic, for sure! - The Brocks stuff is fine for drag racing but looks retarded on street bikes. Plus, it's obnoxiously loud.
Also, whilst the Tsukigi Cannon pipes are undeniably well made, they also look like an elephant's dong.
Looks "Retarded" I don't think the Brocks CT single or duals look "Retarded" at all??? They have a nice low rumble at idle and part throttle, They do get a lil loud when you crack into it though:laugh:

the akrapovic exhaust is by far the best sounding exhaust around in my opinion their sound is so unique thats just my .02 ive heard it on alot of bikes and it just gets me going i love it

and im give jhonny a call. I like that sabin is like 20mins from me, he gave me prretty good prices too. Has sabin tuned anything for you in the past

I do not have any firsthand experience with Johnny Cheese but based on the props from members here, he will be worth the trip. :cheerleader: Best advice below so far

but I have heard nothing but good things about Johnny Cheese as far as the ECU Tuning goes and you are not to far away... Search his name on here or google, alot of guys speak very highly of him. Thats who I am using when I get back if I have time...:thumbsup:

Go with Akrapovic, for sure! - The Brocks stuff is fine for drag racing but looks retarded on street bikes. Plus, it's obnoxiously loud.
Also, whilst the Tsukigi Cannon pipes are undeniably well made, they also look like an elephant's dong.

Have you knowledge of this elephant's Dong?:laugh:

Don't know about the rest of this stuff but i can certainly vouch for the T-Rex sliders. I'm on my 3rd set :banghead:

i called johnny up and i im take it to him after i get the exhaust. Hes booked out two weeks so im thinking it will be july before i have everything done. IM really leaning toward the akrapovic right now. Decided if i do go with brocks i will go with the black alien head because i love the look. When i heard them on the dyno, I thought they were too loud but that was a WOT run inside a room. :laugh:

and im give jhonny a call. I like that sabin is like 20mins from me, he gave me prretty good prices too. Has sabin tuned anything for you in the past

Yes he has. Don't mistake my posts. He is good. I just know that Johnny is devoted and knows Busas like the back of his hand.
Sabin Tuned 2 friends of mine bikes before Johnny had his dyno, WAY back in the day. I brought both of them there, so technicly they weren't mine.

Yes he has. Don't mistake my posts. He is good. I just know that Johnny is devoted and knows Busas like the back of his hand.
Sabin Tuned 2 friends of mine bikes before Johnny had his dyno, WAY back in the day. I brought both of them there, so technicly they weren't mine.

I understand where you coming from. Guess i got to get ready for a 3 hour ride down there . pegs, heli bars, corbin seat. I miss the days before the bike when i saved money:banghead:

Back