Open invitation to my church

I used to go to a Calvery church, kind of stopped as I didn't see eye to eye with some of that particular churchs' beliefs. For instance, they said it was paganistic to go trick or treating or celebrate easter. I know these holidays have a paganism back ground to an extent but what doesn't now a days. I think it's all how you approach it, you know with a with a secular mindset. Halloween is celebrated by the great majority of people today is one of our most fun holidays. It has nothing to do with nationhood and has lost its religious significance for most people. Any ways, that amongst other things pushed me away, not from God but that church.
That is one of the "odd" things I have found about Calvary's

"most" of them stay true to a basic concept (teach directly form the bible. more teaching than preaching) however after that they sometimes go off into different directions.

Our church celebrates easter, we have easter sun rise service etc.

Yes our Church you might say "frowns" on Halloween and trick or treating but no one in the church would say anythng to you if you did. It is one of those areas that our church offers information about the origins of Halloween and that is about as far as it goes, they dont try and force anyone NOT to participate.

One of the reasons I posted a link to our live service, to let people check it out.

I have been to other Calvary's (in South Carolina, Southern California) and I have heard from people that have attended Calvary's in other places. and from personal experaince I can say ours seems to be a little different, mostly in we have our beliefs and we are there to support people but not there to ram anything down anyones throat or to make them feel guilty about what they do. We just try to be there for them.
My church is the same way, it doesn't support it but knows that when kids go trick or treating it's just to get candy and dress up as your favorite charactor.

What my church does is at least offer an alternative to halloween and have a "fall harvest party" for adults and kids with multiple games, food, and losts of candy.

Alot of kids still go trick or treating but nobody thinks a thing about it.

It's very interesting the origins of halloween. I have a document on one of my computers and I'll post it if it wasn't o the computer that fryed.

A job of a church is to strengthen ea. other. Like a hot piece of coal that gets taken out of the fire starts to cool off...but if you put it back in with the rest of the coals it fires back up...

Churches aren't to condemn people or judge ea. other....just teach the Word of God and let THAT do any condemning or judging!

Back