Oops. trashed my radiator

jermzfree

Registered
Like a dummy I didn't put the radiator in just quite right last time I took the engine out of my Turbo. The tire has been rubbing and today after a ride I discovered a small coolant leak at the bottom.
Does anyone have any suggestions for a sure-fire way to fix it?
I see someone makes aftermarket radiators for $100. https://www.amazon.com/GZYF-Aluminium-Radiator-Hayabusa-1999-2007/dp/B01E8G6IES they claim they're more efficient than stock. Anyone heard anything about them?

Send it to Lee’s Performance. They’ll cut off as much as you want. I went 3” off, clear my snail nicely
4D99CE36-0D06-4727-B79C-EAB118ABBEE8.jpeg
6C643E45-F4D5-4999-AC32-7F82BD36DCE6.jpeg

Thanks. The stock still fits. I mounted it slightly different and didn't realize I was giving up clearance.

Not a common problem I guess. I started with the cheap rout and tried quicksteel and after 3 heat cycles no leaks so far.

Your Amazon link indicates it’s not available and has one review saying it took two weeks to arrive and when it did it was damaged. Aren’t all our radiators aluminum? When my daughter’s SV650 rad was damaged I took it to an automotive rad shop and they fixed it perfectly, bent filler neck and all. It’s the same just smaller.

Your Amazon link indicates it’s not available and has one review saying it took two weeks to arrive and when it did it was damaged. Aren’t all our radiators aluminum? When my daughter’s SV650 rad was damaged I took it to an automotive rad shop and they fixed it perfectly, bent filler neck and all. It’s the same just smaller.
What he said^^^!!! I never had to deal with this issue, but have always heard people just taking them to a radiator shop and having them weld/repair it with great success.

What he said^^^!!! I never had to deal with this issue, but have always heard people just taking them to a radiator shop and having them weld/repair it with great success.
Good to know. Thought it might be more expensive to have it welded.

Back