One Year Anniversary/ownership/comments

OB_ianfila

Registered
I didnt make the one year anniversary! Highsided after 8 months @ 7200 miles at 120 mph (well that was the speedo reading of my friends R1 who was riding behind me and checked his speedo as me and the bike went rolling down the road. Bike was great up to that point and i collected my new red/grey 2000 last week since i missed it so much. Biggest issue with the bike is tyre consumption, which isnt surprising due to the hp of the bike. The Dunlop 207 had only about 1200 miles and was hot and sticky when the bike just spat me off! The clutch sucks, vibration at 4700 rpm is a pain and its a wee bit heavy. I love the power, effortless way it rides, acceleration, top speed, fact that when i ride on the highway NOTHING except another Busa will win in a race on a straight road. My R1 is a fun track bike but pales in comparision as a street bike or bike for sheer ear to ear grins!

4/26 was mine, now 29,000km+ on the clock, even with loosing about 2 months out of the 12 with repairs. Best bike ever owned regardless of any first year problems. Full carbon makes it a subtle predator on the streets, now working on a paint scheme for that spare body work that just yells for attention.

Life is good.

Today is my One Year ownership of my Hayabusa and these are a Few comments I have on the Busa so Far.
Good Points.
1.Rides great Rain or shine
2.Turns people heads,in traffic or parked
3.Beats most stock bikes,straights and all cars/truck/police copter
4.Good gas mileage for a Hi-powered Bike
5.Good brakes
6.Great commute bike/touring bike
7.Handles great in the twistes

Bad Points
1.Eats Rear tires
2.Bike Kick stand sucks,Almost dropped bike once.
3.New Paint peels off if you're using clear tape on bottom Fairing to protect front scoop.
4.Chain teninor sucks.
5.Clutch sucks.
Total miles so far 5,900miles all commute.

Dynoed at 1,900 miles after oil change to 10/40 golden Spectro,and chain cleaned and oiled and no chain teninior replaced or filter changed.Dynoed on model 150 @159rwhp with no mods.

Would I buy this Bike again?
Hell Yes!!!!!!but would request 200rwhp as standard horse power

Did I get extended Warranty, No and now I'm worried about things failing after one year warranty is gone.
Ride safe all

Timely subject as I was just thinking about the same thing this weekend. I bought my bike on May 1st last year. Did a beautiful ride yesterday on a warm sunny day. After a year this is still the only bike that would compel me to part with 10 grand. ZX12? Ho hum. The Busa is a great total package and after a year I still feel the same. Zero problems so far and only minor mods to the front brakes. No motor mods as I bought this beast to be good stock and not spend a lot of bucks on other stuff. My Busa is a toy so I only take it out when the weather is good and I have the time. 4K miles so far. One track day last summer and I have NEVER had more fun on a motorcycle. Two more track days at the end of this summer. Can't wait. Not interested in racing much on or off the street-I just like to go fast and have fun and I really don't care if overall I am fast or slow. No matter what I am having a lot of fun. All I can say is thank you Suzuki!

My anniversary was 4/20.

I guess I dedicated My first year of ownership to R&D?!

I've tried a couple of different head & piston combonations untill I found one that I like.(1360)

Most of the time spent on My Busa has been to help promote a number of different Mod's to the aftermarket.(I take credit for none!)

From all this, My Busa sits with less than 300 miles.

Is that dedication or what?!!!

I'm just happy to be a part of it! :)

March 16th was my Busa's first birthday.
Celebrated with just the two of us in my garage.
Should finally be running again later this week after almost 1/2 year at a stand-still because of "some light mods" and a bit of bad luck with some of the parts involved.
Best damned bike I ever had!

My 1 year is coming up later this month. Havent ridden it more than 1000 miles. Its been in intensive care for the last 6 months but it looks like the patient will live. As far as riding impressions, its comfortable (relatively), it handles well (relatively), its incredibly stable at ludicrous speeds and it has that monster torquey motor that makes power everywhere. A package thats tough to beat. If I get the long awaited spring set from APE this week I could be riding by June.
Just in time for the summer heat.

I too will be singing happy birthday to my baby later this month but I did buy the ext. warranty(I love getting paid to work on my bike)love my baby a lot, spare motor coming along slowly but it is making progress.

My bike won't be a year old until late in June, but it has almost 14000 miles on it.Most of those miles were on kinky roads at high speeds.Had the clogged screens at 7500 miles; otherwise no problems at all. I'm trying to avoid future clogging by using only the biggest gas companies' fuel whenever possible plus running a lot of RedLine injector cleaner through the bike on a continual basis.

I hated the stock clutch and think the Brock mod should be standard. Love it. Have Two Bros. slip ons, BMC and a bit of tweaking with the Yosh box.Otherwise stock, except for a few comfort and appearance items.

I love the bike. There is nothing else out there that I would seriously consider as an only street bike. I am probably not typical, though. If someone offered me a 20hp increase in power or a 20 lb. weight reduction on the bike, at the same cost, I'd opt to drop the weight.

4/27 1 year,10k miles.Love the bike.
Good points ,Power,speed,stability,looks.
Problems,clutch grabby,fuel system plugged filters and missing o-ring.
Mods Yosh Tri-oval,st-1 cams,BMC,air box mod,16 tooth,gen-mar,double bubble,pfm pads,Corbin seat(off),synthetic brake fluid and oil,perf-form oil filter,gel-grips.

Back