Old Boy... a must see

eynlai

Registered
... I've seen in a very very long time. Found this in Blockbusters. I rented it last week and have watched it 5 times since and it still haunts me.

Korean flick, but with very good over-dub in english. If 4 stars is the highest rating for a movie, they need to create 2 more stars just to give to Old Boy.

The fight scene is one of the most realistic ones I've seen that's not a documentry.

WARNING: This film is NOT for recommended for children, the weak of stomach, or those that consider themselves of "strong" christian value and cannot bare exposing their MINDS to out of the convention. It is by no means more violent or gruesome than your typical action film with some nudity, but... Well, you would have to see it.

Sad part is that I heard that some American Hollywood type is already in negotiation to buy the rights to remake it a "Hollywood" film with American faces with a "gentler" ending. Just goes to show that Hollywood has run dry and is resorting to legalized plaguarism... worst part is that they will problem ruin it in the remake. Just can't see why they can't buy it to re-release it in it's original format with the over-dub or subtitles... Oh, because there's no American celebrity faces in it.

See it before Blockbusters pulls it off its shelves to accomodate Hollywood.

While you're looking for these awesome foreign flicks, check out Mr. Vampire. It's so hilarious. It scares my sister who's Korean (don't ask, long story) half-to-death everytime she watches it. The fight scenes are amazing too.

Battle Royale, Shaolin Soccer, and Jesus Christ - Vampire Hunter have to be some of my favorite asian cinema releases of recent memory.

The last two are overly ridiculous as you might imagine (Shaolin Soccer is made by and stars the same guy that was behind Kung Fu Hustle)

Old boy was an interesting movie to say the least. If you guys liked the movie Saving Private Ryan. Definetly check out a korean flick you can rent at Block buster titled Tae Guk Gi. It should most likely stil be up on the new release walls.

Awesome flick!
cool.gif

The Original LaFemme Nakita. Great Movie. Dutch, but dubbed very well.

Back