Old Blue 1970 Z28

Skywalker

Donating Member
Registered
For you gearheads out there in Busaville. I took the Z28 out for breakfast yesterday and she ran like a champ. Had to put a new battery in her this past spring and that battery tender had kept it for 12 years. Lots of thumbs up from other motorist and she always sings my song. Chevy, the heartbeat of the USA.

IMG_0432.jpeg

IMG_0431.jpeg

IMG_0430.jpeg

IMG_0428.jpeg

IMG_0427.jpeg

IMG_0419.jpeg

IMG_0418.jpeg

IMG_0425.jpeg

IMG_0433.jpeg

IMG_0434.jpeg

Last edited:
One video if it will post. I see there is no file extension for video's allowed? Am I missing something, I was able to post videos in the past? The error or message states... The following extensions are allowed: .txt, .pdt, .png, .jpg, .jpeg, .gif and .zip.

That's a beautiful car......
Thank you BB. I was trying to think of how long its been now. I had my 70 SS Nova during the 1982 Worlds Fair in Knoxville. It was only a few years afterwards that I bought old blue. I'm going to say 1983 or 84. A 30 year relationship and still going strong. I wish the video would load as the sound of that old Chevy counting off the lobes sometimes put chills bumps on me.

The 70's will always be my favorite muscle car years! Wish I had kept them all.
I've always had a soft spot for late '60s, early '70s cars...there's something special about them...

My neighbor had a beautiful Chevelle SS that he sold and replaced with an '07 Mustang as he said the old car had no creature comforts and the Mustang kind of looks like an old one but better.....I said that's debatable and the Chevelle had presence when it pulled into anywhere unlike the Mustang...nobody even gives it a second glance....but only us old guys appreciate it.

My older brother has a '66 Impala that he has had for over 40 years....he said when he was making out his will he asked his kids and grandkids about it and none of them wanted it.....so I will get it......

He belongs to a vintage car club and their youngest member is in his '50s....so that's says a lot...

I've always had a soft spot for late '60s, early '70s cars...there's something special about them...

My neighbor had a beautiful Chevelle SS that he sold and replaced with an '07 Mustang as he said the old car had no creature comforts and the Mustang kind of looks like an old one but better.....I said that's debatable and the Chevelle had presence when it pulled into anywhere unlike the Mustang...nobody even gives it a second glance....but only us old guys appreciate it.

My older brother has a '66 Impala that he has had for over 40 years....he said when he was making out his will he asked his kids and grandkids about it and none of them wanted it.....so I will get it......

He belongs to a vintage car club and their youngest member is in his '50s....so that's says a lot...
I understand the Chevelle was even above the Camaros I think. Especially the 70SS 454! I’d still like to have a black one. That Impala is a sweet ride as well. My older brother had one as a kid I’d wash it up for him. Glad you will get it and take care of it.

I understand the Chevelle was even above the Camaros I think. Especially the 70SS 454! I’d still like to have a black one. That Impala is a sweet ride as well. My older brother had one as a kid I’d wash it up for him. Glad you will get it and take care of it.

It sounds like it should and looks like it should...this car must be a show winner...

That is one beautiful car....

I had a '79 Z28 but your car is my favorite year of Camaro......

It sounds like it should and looks like it should...this car must be a show winner...

That is one beautiful car....

I had a '79 Z28 but your car is my favorite year of Camaro......
I really dig those Z28's as well and the Trans Am. I had a 77 Burt Reynolds Edition and a 78. Put over 100,000 on the 77 and never really fell in love with the 78. It wasn't my old Black Betty 77 and just didn't do it for me. Most all of us boys in High School were muscle car fanatics and would drag race on the weekends and always getting into trouble. I miss those times.. Thanks for posting on my old car.

The Firebirds was a very nice car. I always like them and wanted one before I bought the Z28. I've several friends that restored theirs and I did buy two Trans Ams and they were a ton of fun. A black one and a blue one.

Back