Oklahoma Is Not OK - BS Ticket

Southside Playa

Master Pot-Stirrer
Donating Member
Registered
Ok, first of all no offense to any OK resident .Org members.

Last week I am going through OKC on my way to El Dorado, KS and I get pulled over by the Oklahoma County Sheriff. He say that I "Changed Lanes Unsafely". I was on 35N in the far left lane which was going off onto 44W, so I put on my light & a big truck lets me in so I get over, only to end up geeting pulled over a few seconds later. He says that I cut it too close. I think it is a pure BS judgement call on his part. Well, I didn't give him any shid. I gave him my CHL, he asked did I have a gun & where it was, I told him on my hip, he was cool with that. No problem. He did tell me to call the court because the envelope he gave me had 2007 Fines on there and was not up to date. I figure no big deal, how much could it be, it is not like I was SPEEDING.......................

:whistle:

Then today I call and find out that this bullshid azz ticket is gonna cost me $211.50 & I am like WTF ................

I think it was purely end-of-the-month, I see a Texas Plate & I can write him for some BS, OKC money grab, fukkery.

Because I live in Texas, my only options are to pay it. I could take Defensive Driving or do Probation (both cost addtitional $$ on top of paying the original fine), but for these two options I have to appear in court.

I tell you what, I thought the court system here in Texas was f-ed up, but now I see they ain't playing at all in the OKC.

Again, not trying to ruffle you OKC riders feathers, but I am sure some of you have felt my pain.

I never dated anyone from OK but I sure am getting :moon: by someone there ..............

Thanks for letting me vent

Last edited:
You must have been pulled over by an OU fan after he saw the Texas plates. No but in all seriousness Ive never had a problem with the sheriffs department or OKCPD. Its the OHP that you have to watch out for.

unsafe lane change!!??? never heard of that. maybe he was just onto u and would have ticketed you for some other BS

i remember taking the defensive driving course. i did not have to pay the fine but i had to pay court costs and then pay for the class. it ended up being cheaper than the original fine and then no points so i was pleased. good luck

Why were you cruising along in the left lane? The left lane is for passing only. Also, I'm sure there were signs for miles advising which lane you needed to be in. The city for which I work has an exit from one interstate to the next. We consistently have people whipping over from the far left lane to take the exit to the other interstate in order to avoid having to wait in the slower line to exit. Yep, they use their turn signals and yep, people sometimes voluntarily let them in, but I still write them for zipping across the interstate unsafely to take the exit. It's a very dangerous violation and often results in side-swipe accidents.

My advice is next time pay better attention to the highway signs, have patience and wait with the rest of the folks waiting to take that exit. :rulez:

Back