oil overfill by dealer

OB_Lofty Abuse

Registered
Dealership did the same thing to me. Overfilled my oil by one and a half quarts at the 600 mile service. The only reason I took it in for the service was to keep the warranty in place.
Somebody brought up a point after that. Who cares about the warranty, would you want the shmucks at the dealership rebuilding your bike?

Hmmmmm..........

The bike comes with the proper amount of oil from the factory so far in 3 years that Suzuki has been doing this I have yet to add oil.
I would check over a couple of things to make sure it was set up correctly.

Same thing on ALL my bikes, so when my busa was delivered by truck to my house I had to release 1/2 quart to bring it back to maximum. Check all the items installed by the dealer during set-up: brake/clutch levers (especially the nuts underneath), triple-clamp nut, seat bolts, battery nuts (also fully charge the battery), lower-rear fairing bolts (just in front of rear wheel), windscreen bolts, bar-end weights, coolant level. Other things you have to check/adjust soon: chain slack, TPS and TB synch.
All the dealers I've dealt with have been incompetent; I wish Johnny boy worked in El Paso.

Picked up my 00 bl. busa three weeks ago. I put on 150 miles on it and it was leaking oil. Took it back to the dealer. Staten island cycles in New York.They told me they had over filled the bike with oil and it was sucking oil into the air filter. They drained the oil and told me they cleaned the air box. Rode the bike home and the next day pulled the airbox and they did not claen the air box at all. They do some shabby work over at that dealership. Not to mention they put on eight miles on the bike. But after four hundred miles yesterday no oil leaks and the bike is running strong.

[This message has been edited by Rhinoracin (edited 21 June 2000).]

I am never sending my back to Staen Island Cycle again. I went over the whole bike and found a few other overlooked items. These are the worst "technitions" I have seen in my fifteen years of ridding. Buy the way the bike runs Much faster with out that extra oil.

Did you clean out the air box and change the filter? My dealer did not clean the airbox and did not replace my filter which was saturated with oil. Only smoked when the bike was over filled soon as the dealer let some oil out and I cleaned up the mess in the air box it never somked again.That might help.

all these people that cant even get a OIL CHANGE right at the dealer this brings up my point that i will argue about extended warranties dont get one they cant even change oil. okay mechanics count to 3.5 once again johnny dont take it personally this is not directed at you

MY SISTERS 00 BLUE BUSA HAD 7 QUARTS IN IT WHEN I SERVICED IT AT 600 MILES IT WAS SMOKING PRETTY BAD ESP WHEN U ROLLED ON IT AFTER SERVICE IT STILL SMOKES SOME WONDER IF IT HURT OIL RINGS DURING BREAKIN

Back