How many went for the extended warranty?

Sounds like I took it in the can on this one. $1K is about what I paid. Please make me feel better and tell me yours doesn't include free oil changes and 6 services as reccomended by the Svc. manual. Oil changes at my dealership are $40 a pop. Services are about $350. If you do the math I came out ahead $1500 or so. It sounded good at the time. Sh*t!!!

I told my dealer I was getting ready send $480 to KMC for a 3 year extension and he went ballistic! He offered me the same official KMC extended warranty for around $290 (can't remember exactly)! So check with your dealer, sometimes they can cut you a better deal than the manufacturer, on the SAME warranty. If you don't trade-in ever 364 days, I feel it's stupid not to get one. No, it doesn't cover standard service (i.e. oil, etc.), but one minor part could be an outragous expense.

A couple of examples... I had one of the small plastic reflector "dish" inside the headlight break off. Since it screwed into the housing, I figured I just order one and replace it myself. NOPE! Had to get a complete $416 headlight housing (glass lens, adjusters, everything). I've gone through two... warranty claim! Two $120 ignition switchs... warranty claim. I could go on, but you get the idea.

Right now, I'm getting a COMPLETE transmission (after 65K miles, normally $1800 P&L), because my 5th gear dogs are going out. I made several claims that had paid for the cost of the warranty, several times over. Even though there's just a year left on it, I'll get about another $150 for trade-in, because of it.

[This message has been edited by redelk (edited 23 December 1999).]

I got mine thrown in with the deal but I am sure they overcharged for the bike. I paid $11,500 out the door with tax lic. etc. etc.

I inluded mine in the financing and I think it was around a grand for the 3 year all service included warranty. Its svaed my *** for almost as muc has it was worth already in brake replacements.

~BP

Repeat of earlier post.

Call Chenango Import Motors, Yorkville NY, 1-800-346-4246. Ask for Dianne, tell her Sherm sent you.
Price - $350.00

Have VIN and credit card handy.

note: this is the standard Suzuki warranty. The three years begin at the end of your first year of ownership.

Paid $480 for an extended warranty, for a total of 4 years for the complete warranty, which covers everything, except brake pads, tires, or other "wear" items; unlimited mileage. Dealer said it's also good for resale value. It will pay for itself if one thing goes wrong in 4 years. I'll sleep better.

Back