O-Ren get her "End Of Summer Cleaning"...

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
well folks?...i only do "Full Wet Cleanings" of my bike about twice a year....and after coming home from 5 days of rain and riding up at the Fall Bash?...O-Ren was quite filthy...and since the first day of fall marks the beginning of our "cool weather" riding season down here in south florida?...it was time to knock the big chunks off again...and here's a few items i wanted to share with ya'll...namely 3 things...

1. Is Greased Lightenings "BLAST" degreaser....and i hunted for years to find something as impressive and effective as S100 i've found that greased lightenings "BLAST"...remakably...is just as amazing a cleaner as S100...at about 1/2 the price of S100...and like S100?...doesn't seem to affect the paint or plastics yet...just spray it on a dry bike and hose it off before it drys and viola...it even brightens up and restore the metalwork and cleans out all the nooks and crannies like S100 does...so?...so long $7.99 a bottle S100 and hello greased lightening "BLAST"...and?...

BUSAWASH1.jpg

BUSAWASH2.jpg

BUSAWASH3.jpg

2. I'm kicking myself for not having ever bought a good high quality "Wheel Brush"....this thing was awesome for not just the wheels buuuuut....all those hard to reach places where i would bang my knuckles and cut up my hands...not anymore!
biggrin.gif

BUSAWASH4.jpg

and finally?...2qsft od real leather "Chamois"...not the imitation shid...the real roll brushed leather "Chamois"....then chop it in 1/2....for (2) 1 sqft pieces....and use one for your "Final Dry" and take the other 1/2 and soak it with water...then?...flod it up into a ziplock sandwich bag...then stick it in yer tails storage area...and you now have a day long "Visor/Windscreen Wipe" that'll stay moist all day long and clean your visor or windscreen all day long...on the road.

and O-Ren?...she appears much happier today...

BUSAWASH5.jpg

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Jeez, you can find anything on h.org. Even how to wash your bike!

biggrin.gif

Great post, Jinx.

--Wag--

Jink....please be careful with your LP rear stand. I have the exact same one. Last year my bike slipped off during a soapy water wash. Get some spools.

(Devil Dog @ Sep. 30 2006,08:11) Jink....please be careful with your LP rear stand.  I have the exact same one.  Last year my bike slipped off during a soapy water wash. Get some spools.
Dude....fellow Marine....thanks....not a doubt in my mind that you just saved O-Rens azz from a tip-over...as follows...

while i was applying chain lube....squatted down beside the bike...engine running....feathering the clutch out with one hand (to get the chain to spin)n and applying silkolene chain lube with the other hand?...i suddenly had to stand up...felt like i lost my balance...wrote it off to some sorta vertigo affect happening from concentrating on the spinning chain...but after reading you're words?...was like...wait a minute...wtf?...then scrolled up to view my last pic of O-ren on the stand and sure enough?...O-Ren slide back on that LP stand a good 8"s...and?....almost too the narrower forward part of the swingarm where in just another inch or two?...she definantly would've liberated herself from the stand....and i was like..."WHOA!"...son-of-a...biotch...she does slide on the LP stand.

Man...Thanks...L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Back