Normal?

bigone5500

Registered
I have the marks lined up pretty well. But if you look the chain seems to be riding to the left a bit. Is that normal? Something to worry about?

20231117_121805.jpg

20231117_121734.jpg

20231117_121705.jpg

for aligning the chain and its rear sprocket
use allways and only the so called "laser cat" as described here at my homepage.
rear wheel alignment tool

and forget the marks at the swing arm´s end - they NEVER are that exactly as wished.
they can only be used for a rough alignment of the rear wheel - never 4 more.

a light beam is allways straight where ever u turn screws - earth, moon , mars etc.

for aligning the chain and its rear sprocket
use allways and only the so called "laser cat" as described here at my homepage.
rear wheel alignment tool

and forget the marks at the swing arm´s end - they NEVER are that exactly as wished.
they can only be used for a rough alignment of the rear wheel - never 4 more.

a light beam is allways straight where ever u turn screws - earth, moon , mars etc.

You know I’ve heard this over the years from time to time and I don’t doubt that it’s accurate however, over many decades and hundreds of thousands of miles on several different bikes, I’ve always used the factory swingarm marks as a guide. Never had a misaligned chain that destroyed itself or the sprockets.

I align with the marks on the swingarm then fine tune it with this...

I have yet to have any issues at all....at one time I had 5 bikes sitting in my garage and this tool was used successfully with them all.

chain tool.jpg

Back