None of the gear none of the time

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
The picture says it all
090EEA3A-17AB-4A96-A8FB-9B9BC9CCE7B3.jpeg

Saw a guy on a CBR1K RR wearing a muscle shirt, shorts, sneakers, fingerless gloves and wearing a very expensive replica helmet...he said I was crazy for wearing full gear, I just replied I'd rather be hot and sweaty instead of having a Dr picking stones out of road rash...

Years ago on my way to the Sonoma Raceway for the AMA races a bikini clad girl wearing low cut sneakers, a back pack and a helmet passed me riding a piped R6. Saw her at the track but who knows if she made it home ok. And I’m not too hot and sweaty on hot days. I wear a t shirt under a double layer ballistic fully armored mesh jacket. It’s only hot when stopped in the sun. Moving, it ain’t half bad.

Full mesh jacket makes all the difference in a hot ride, worth the investment. I do need to get some riding jeans tho. My leathers and nylon pants are both too hot and I resort to jeans. I know they won’t do anything, need riding jeans
after about 5 years of riding, i finally got a pair of riding jeans. Even though it was a little more stiff to move, i like having the abrasion resistant material in addition to knee and hip armor.

Full mesh jacket makes all the difference in a hot ride, worth the investment. I do need to get some riding jeans tho. My leathers and nylon pants are both too hot and I resort to jeans. I know they won’t do anything, need riding jeans

When it’s hot I wear boot cut Levis too but with hard shell knee and shin guards underneath. I know I won’t have any abrasion protection but if I touch down my legs will be protected.

When it’s hot I wear boot cut Levis too but with hard shell knee and shin guards underneath. I know I won’t have any abrasion protection but if I touch down my legs will be protected.
I used to ride in full race leathers, then I switched over to ballistic nylon/kevlar gear a few years ago, at least it gives adequate protection and I can open vents.

It is always in the back of my mind that I'm not fully protected wearing textile gear and I ride accordingly.

Not that I want to politicize this thread but if you won't defend other's freedoms, then don't expect them to defend yours. I thought being a military man, you'd understand this.

View attachment 1636605
Being a former military member has had me defend many freedoms for people however, there is a huge difference between basic freedoms and someone not wearing protective equipment on a motorcycle...

If this rider and passenger should (heaven forbid) come off their motorcycle, their injuries could and most likely will use medical resources which could be used for people who are practicing self-protection yet were injured (people hurt in car accidents who wore their seat belts, etc...).

The practice of wearing or not wearing protective equipment on a motorcycle (excluding a helmet) is a choice.

Being a former military member has had me defend many freedoms for people however, there is a huge difference between basic freedoms and someone not wearing protective equipment on a motorcycle...

If this rider and passenger should (heaven forbid) come off their motorcycle, their injuries could and most likely will use medical resources which could be used for people who are practicing self-protection yet were injured (people hurt in car accidents who wore their seat belts, etc...).

The practice of wearing or not wearing protective equipment on a motorcycle (excluding a helmet) is a choice.
But that they're free to make that choice is the whole point.

I don't agree with it either, as I said. I'm always geared-up no matter how short the ride. And if it's too hot for gear, it's too hot to ride... which is why I have an air-conditioned truck on standby. ;)

I used to ride in full race leathers, then I switched over to ballistic nylon/kevlar gear a few years ago, at least it gives adequate protection and I can open vents.

It is always in the back of my mind that I'm not fully protected wearing textile gear and I ride accordingly.

When I had my low side years ago I was wearing HD leathers but no knee pads. The leather was scraped up and didn’t wear thru but my knee was shredded underneath. Now all my gear is fully armored, mesh, textile or leather.

Depends what kind of bike you ride fully faired bikes are typically warmer in hot weather But on sports bikes like the busa I find its not to bad in the heat as long as you are moving I wear kevlar jeans with short boots short leather gloves and full face helmet with either a leather or mesh jacket I prefer the leather thought :thumbsup:

Back