No Social Media

deon_hackstall

Registered
I recently started school again and with 4 kids, work, and everything else that comes up in life,,,, I figured I need to cut down on distractions. So I deleted all my social media accounts. No facebook, twitter, instagram, etc etc... And I have to say that for the first time in a long time,,, I am present (mentally) when I'm home now.. My cell phone battery last forever, I talk to my kids more, and I seem to have more time to take care of things. Has anybody else cut social media out? How is it working for you? :thumbsup:

Your post reminded me that I haven't checked FB today.

On a more serious note, I have taken time away, and relationships in general (wife and kids) seem to do better. I deleted the FB app from my phone about a year ago and never regretted it.

i dont have fb twit or any of the others. This is my social media.

Ive never had FB etc...tho sometimes I see the point with some family far away esp holiday/event pics.

I got rid of mine about 1/2 through school because it was just too distracting. I instead have news apps to read about what is actually going on in the world. And truth be told, if the news is that exciting, Call or text me!

-D

I have never been on any of the social media sites, basically because they are so scattered and not focused on a subject like forums. Also I never could see facebook providing all the information which is available on forums.

If somebody wants to talk they can either, call, text or stop over.

Back