Your Social Security (Baby steps...)

And just think, these are the same people who just passed health care legislation and are telling everyone that they won't have to raise taxes on families making under $250,000 a year and that our heathcare providers will be able to give us better care:whistle:

I don't care what side of the political spectrum you're on. There is no denying that Democrats and some Republicans have for years tried to increase revenue while making most uneducated Americans think their not getting taxed any more than they already are. (Don't spin my words, I DID NOT say that most Americans are uneducated, just that there are uneducated American's who always blame the corporations for increasing the cost of items not realizing that their overhead went up due to a new tax.) Think the attempted business to business tax Illinois tried to pass, which would just have the end business raise their prices and past the cost onto the consumer at a higer bill, and thus additional tax on the final bill. (double wammy). The Cadillac healthplan tax, the attempted soda tax, obesity tax, Tobacco taxes, gasonline taxes, increased vehicle registration fees, property tax increases, water runoff taxes, garbage taxes, etc, etc, etc..They are all "back door" taxes that most American's don't understand.

Now if the Government would have left ALL the money that people put into their SS tax alone, and not "borrowed" it to pay for other stuff, maybe it could have been conservatively invested into the stock market and grown a little. Hell, go ahead and tax us 25% on the interest. I'd be ok with that.
Higher stock prices, a more secure future for all and maybe the money wouldn't have dried up quite so fast.

Last edited:
Back