No likey the 2008

M109LOVER

Registered
I presently own an M109 and like the bike a lot.

Lately I have been switching out with a buddy who has a 2001 Busa and it is AWESOME.

I have been looking for a used busa for a while and was anxiously awaiting the new model so the first generation used Busas would come down in price.

After seeing the rear end on the 08 however I would not be surprised if sales arent what Suzuki expects. I guess peple can switch the rear end with something more first generation.

I just wanted to say that adding a Busa to my garage is inevitable, but the 2008 was a let down for me.

By the way, I am in Orlando Fla if anyone is selling a nice used Busa.

hayabusa_032.jpg

+1 the M109 is super cool. with the new B-king and Vmax in the mix, power cruiser selection gets tough. Anyways, I like the new rear end and turn signal treatment...I think alot of opinions will change when people finally see the new busa in person or on the street.

(M109LOVER @ Jul. 11 2007,16:05) I presently own an M109 and like the bike a lot.

Lately I have been switching out with a buddy who has a 2001 Busa and it is AWESOME.

I have been looking for a used busa for a while and was anxiously awaiting the new model so the first generation used Busas would come down in price.

After seeing the rear end on the 08 however I would not be surprised if sales arent what Suzuki expects. I guess peple can switch the rear end with something more first generation.

I just wanted to say that adding a Busa to my garage is inevitable, but the 2008 was a let down for me.

By the way, I am in Orlando Fla if anyone is selling a nice used Busa.
+ 1

How long are you guys going to beat this subject into the ground. Yes, the tail is ugly in the pics. No one knows for sure though. We need to see them in person.

The tail might be ugly ( I don't think so, but there ya are ) but the reason for it is aerodynamics. Up above a certain speed, aerodynamics starts to matter a great deal. If you don't figure out the airflow, it takes more and more power (and $$) to overcome air resistance and get the same increases in speed.

That's why the Busa still hangs with the ZX-14 et al at speed. The aerodynamics are just better, even with our current speed hump and tail assembly.

Suzuki does a great job with aerodynamics research and frankly, if you're into going FAST, that tail is going to help a great deal.

Someone who knows can verify: If you add 20% more horsepower with a turbo or some other engine work, do you get 20% more speed? I don't know but I'm curious now, about the relationship.

Just hypothesizing, I expect a curve like this:

Increase Increase
in in
horsepower speed

5% 5%
10% 7%
15% 9%
20% 10%
30% 12%

Can you even get a 30% HP increase? I dunno. What's the story with cars? Better aerodynamics in general, if I'm not mistaken but it gets to be a huge issue, the faster you go.

--Wag--

Great pics of that 109 and the Busa--two great lookin' bikes! Have to see the back end of the Busa in person to make a decision. This photo isn't too bad:

08_Hayabusa_8.jpg

Read the article in Sport Rider Mag . It changed my out look on the new bike . I still don't care for the tail but the exhaust , well whats the first thing anyone does for a real mod? Can you say HP??
beerchug.gif

The M109 is the only cruiser type bike I like. I put my '05 LE Busa for sale yesterday, one of my neighbors is supposed to come with the money tomorrow or Tuesday ($7,500). I thought about getting an M109, but haven't made my mind between that or another Busa. The '08 is not exactly what I expected. I am soooo confused!!

DSC01560.JPG

Back