no light,no power,no nothing!!!!!!!!&#

zaidibronza

Registered
Please help!. My 2003 700mile busa is out in the cold of the bad city of Philadelphia, alone.
Went ot work in the morning, no problems. As I was going to ride it home after work, I turn the key and nothing! NO lights, no power whatsoever, Nothing.
I'm thinking its the main fuse located under the seat, but I dont exactly know what it looks like or how to get it out. I looked and theres nothing in there that looks to me like a conventional fuse.
Please guys I need your help. I cant sleep knowing that she's out there in the snow by herself. Thank you very much.

Nader
sad.gif

sad.gif

sad.gif

1zhelp.gif

1zhelp.gif

sad.gif

sad.gif

1zhelp.gif

First things first am I correct in assuming you have not done any mods as of yet.If not Check your battery to see if there is any fire in it... All you need to do is take the seat off disconnet it from the bike and them touch the postive and negative poles with a screw driver to see if there is a spark. If there is no spark and the battery is dead You can jump it with your car or take it to get a quick charge on it and then reinstall it. If there is juice in the battery and you ren't getting any indication of power in the lights,horn, etc then it could be a dead or a bad connection. In that case call AAA and have then tow it home and work on it once you get it home. .. because you may have to check the whole thing out or take it to shop...

700 miles since Nov ---- my thought is you haven't built up enough charge in the battery for it to last over winter or more than a couple/few weeks.. If you've just been letting the bike sit you need to get a battery tender so that your battery will stay charged when not in use. you have to remember that the cold will suck the life out of a batery if the bike is just sitting....

Don't forget you can downlod the manual to help you trouble shoot your problem

If everything is dead, could be battery or cable problem check those first. I just flipped through the manual and didnt see anything under trouble shooting. Also if it's a 03 should still be under warranty.

my 2 cents - K

I'd think it'd be the battery too. Have you tried bump starting it? If bump starting it works, then that would indicate a dead battery to me.

Thanks a lot to all. I tried the battery. Its dead, no spark. Jumped it with my car and all is good. Now she's back home and I'll definitely do the battery tender. Thank you again. You guys really help out newbies like me.
Thank you.
Nader.:D

I think if it went from running in the morning to totally dead in the evening, you still have a problem. Maybe a bad battery, or something draining the battery. Did you by chance turn the key to the parking light position by mistake? Check it out good before depending on it to get you home again. My 20 mils.
rock.gif

Back