Nitrous Install

Spkrdctr

Registered
Anyone in the Tampa Florida area that does Nitrous installs? I'd like to price the complete job. This is using the cheapest nitrous kit available etc. Thanks!

Make sure you get quality solenoids and jets! Most kits should be able to be self installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They will need to know a little more as well, dry or wet, direct port, fogger... It's not hard to do yourself if you are patient.

For the safest I would go wet with foggers over each throttle body, I have seen some sick builds but not "cheap." dry with a single jet I don't think would be distributed evenly at all on a bike, that's the easiest and cheapest though.

Nitrous is not something for the shade tree mechanic. Yes anyone can follow the directions and
get the nitrous into there engines with the basic knowledge and common sense.
This what causes nitrous a bad name such as grenade gas etc.
Its those that are expierenced and understand nitrous. Using the proper
high qaulity parts to reduce the risk of failure, using safety devices such as a low pressure
cut off switch in wet apps, and many other things to prevent destruction.
Nitrous isnt something that is very forgiving when mistakes such as mis installs
mis Tuning comes into play.
Posted via Mobile Device

I aggree.Make sure to do it right and I wouldnt do a dry kit for anything.I use wet kits and make sure to have a couple safety devises installed.Not like its a SBC and can buy parts anywhere dirt cheap.

currently in the middle of a dry install myself. New to the N20 stuff....so learning as I go/read.

IMG_4357.jpg

Also another expense is a nitrous psi regulator. Mostly important if your going to be running
a dry setup. Those hot days Will get a bottle up to 1250+psi and if your tuned with a 750 bottle temp
you risk a lean condition, dont forget the micron filters, no these parts arent cheap.
most think ohh 600 dollar kit and I am Ready to go, technically yeah but also NO if you do it right!
psi gauges, purdge system, Steel braided hoses, filters, regulator Now your in the 1100 plus RANGE
Posted via Mobile Device

you can get a safe and reliable dry kit at a reasonable price. you DONT have to go crazy with all the extras. i dont sell anything and im not a shop but i have been using nitrous for over 20 years. its all in the tune.
pm me if you want more info. (im not gonna get flamed by people on these borads):whistle:

Have considered nitrous myself. Not many bikes near me that do have it. Many cars do, but have heard the horrar stories and tales of junk piles do to failures.

Ran it on my Gen 1 for a couple years with absolutely NO problems.

Get the ECU editor and do it that way, with a dyno tune and you are good. I fogged the airbox that equaled a 45 shot on the dyno.......

Well, at $1100 that kills that idea. Too many people paying way too much for high performance parts. The prices are stupid high. Oh well.....I guess the economy is not doing that bad after all.

But, thanks for the info guys! I like it when people give out good info!

Well, at $1100 that kills that idea. Too many people paying way too much for high performance parts. The prices are stupid high. Oh well.....I guess the economy is not doing that bad after all.

But, thanks for the info guys! I like it when people give out good info!

1100 bucks for 50HP is expensive? Not at all my friend. Price some engine work or parts, such as carrilo rods je pistons etc. A good port and polish job or a complete head job done by cope.
Just saying to do nitrous right and to be safe you SHOULD run the additonal components. As stated nitrous isnt something is very forgiving if you have a failure during a run. To lesson the odds of destruction is where the cost comes in with the highest qaulity of parts, and safety features.
Or you can take the other route and build your own kit for under 350 bucks, will it work? Yuppp it will!! But that time it doesnt is when the cost goes into the thousands from enternal engine damage.

Back