Nice to be back on two wheels...

tdrcomm

Donating Member
Registered
Since I sold my beloved '99 in May (and busted the scammer trying to resell it), I've been saving for a 2nd Gen and using the car exclusively. Man, it sucked big time. The bike was my daily transportation - 20K a year on the bike, maybe 5K on the car.

Well, I got offered a job in Sherman Oaks and took it. Great for the family considering my freelance had all but dried up, and the house remodel had taken it's toll on the bank account.

But I live in Garden Grove. 100 miles, round trip.

Now, to you guys in Wyoming or Kansas, 50 miles one way is nothing. Heck, that's just a trip down to 7/11 for a pack of smokes, but in SoCal... that's 2 hours there and back (All of you non-locals do a Google Map or a Mapquest). A 4 hour round trip. But in today's economy, can't say no to a steady check.

By the second week... I was fried. On a bike that two hour drive cuts down to 50 minutes. I had to find a bike in my budget range and quickly. I lucked out with a decent freelance project at the same time a nice deal popped up on Craigslist. A 5 hour drive up north to Antioch courtesy of my lovely wife had me score a nice replacement and some sanity back into my life.

I am soooooooooo glad to be back on two wheels again! Hope to get more than the 80,000 miles I got on my last one.

9.jpg

'05 LE

8.jpg

odo.jpg

That's after the 360+ miles back to SoCal.

Hey that's a fine lookin Busa you got there. I too had not ridden since May, sure does feel good to get back on two wheels don't it? Here's my new 05, found her on craigslist also with 2K miles on her up in Oregon.

247.jpg

Last edited:
Hey that's a fine lookin Busa you got there. I too had not ridden since May, sure does feel good to get back on two wheels don't it? Here's my new 05, found her on craigslist also with 2K miles on her up in Oregon.

Saw-Wheat!!!!:thumbsup:

I know the feeling...I commute from Ft lauderdale to west palm, was taking 1hr 45 now 45(bikes can ride the car pool lane)....congrats on your new work truck....I know I am enjoying my ride allot more...need a good detector though

Great to hear you are working and back on two!:thumbsup:
I too ride to work daily (but only about 45 miles round trip). I live in Westminster just down the street, we will have to get a ride on soon.
Bubba

Nice pics.. What did you all end up shelling out for them?

$6000 for me. 2600 miles.

Taking it in for new tires and all around check-up at my shop.
My last one was a '99 bought in '05 with 2900 on the clock.
Got 80,000 miles outta that one, hope to get at least 100K on this one.

Great to hear you are working and back on two!:thumbsup:
I too ride to work daily (but only about 45 miles round trip). I live in Westminster just down the street, we will have to get a ride on soon.
Bubba

O.C. REPRESENT!!! :laugh:

I'm off Brookhurst and Lampson. I'm usually found at the Starbucks on Beach and Chapman (my avatar). If you see me parked in front stop in and have a cup on me. :-)

Back