Nicaragua, I just returned and have plenty of pics

I had to give a motorcycle shot. This is typical of motorcycle down there.

tn_100_4892.JPG

Here we are in front of a statue that is a tribute to Sandino, the father of guerilla warfare. He is a Central American hero.

Having been in the U.S. military during the Nicaraguan civil war, where the US backed the contra rebels, I never thought I'd ever get the chance to visit this country. Most of the people I interacted with were sandinistas, we did not discuss politics though. Some things are best unmentioned. We are all brother's no matter the politics.

tn_100_4898.JPG

When the Samoza gov't was overthrown, this statue was torn down, much like the saddam statue was in Bagdad a few years ago. This is the remains of that statue.

tn_100_4900.JPG

Superb pics Kev..Thanks for sharing....I liked the lizard ones...Hows our snake doing.. ?

Either at work or at the Gym with Spicy. I weighed myself today and I hit 250 lbs! I'm catching up to you! I want to go on one of those trips with you....how are the strip clubs over there?
tounge.gif

Either at work or at the Gym with Spicy. I weighed myself today and I hit 250 lbs! I'm catching up to you! I want to go on one of those trips with you....how are the strip clubs  over there?  
tounge.gif
Wow, only about 80 lbs more than me, I have a way to go don't I?

Did you get my e-mail?

Great pics Kevin. I really admire what you are doing to make this world a better place. Thanks for sharing

Awesome pics Kevin and it's a great thing that you and your family do for the less fortunate.

Back