New To The Block!

Cromuxx337

Registered
hello from Louisiana! Just bought my 06 busa and joined the busa club, I sold my 08R1 and now sport the busa! I love this monster! Great bike!

I just bought my 06 also, its 17k miles on it but runs solid and looks great! I live in Louisiana, and love the first gen busa! Lots of mods I read about you can do to them and have been reading that a couple of gen2 parts are interchangeable to the gen1, I'm currently thinking of putting a gen2 radiator on it , does anyone know if this will work or anyone tried doing this? Traffic down here sucks and tends to over heat my bike and I've heard to switch out the radiators and it will solve the problem!?! Any advice?

I just bought my 06 also, its 17k miles on it but runs solid and looks great! I live in Louisiana, and love the first gen busa! Lots of mods I read about you can do to them and have been reading that a couple of gen2 parts are interchangeable to the gen1, I'm currently thinking of putting a gen2 radiator on it , does anyone know if this will work or anyone tried doing this? Traffic down here sucks and tends to over heat my bike and I've heard to switch out the radiators and it will solve the problem!?! Any advice?

It's not the radiators.
As long as the cooling system is functioning properly, the only real upgrades are adding a manual fan switch, adding a second fan, or adding a dual fan from a gen2.
Some gen1's heat badly in traffic, and others never have an issue.
Welcome to the org.

Welcome to the oRg, I never had heating issues with my Gen I, but I used engine ice.

Ok thanks I'll add some engine ice and do the second fan deal just to have a back up, thanks again for the info!

image.jpeg
Also yeah I have lots of pics but I really don't like the paint scheme, I bought it used but love the bike in general, I'm currently changing it to better fit me and my style, but I'll post some pics of it if I can find out how to do that, shouldn't be hard, but anyway yeah it will look totally different when I'm done with it!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I agree not the best paint scheme but at least it doesn't look like every other busa out there.

As for the engine ice you can't just add it. You have to get EVERY BIT of antifreeze out of the system first and that usually involves a couple of rinses of distilled water to get it all.
Engine ice is a great product that works well if done properly, I think you will be happy with it.

Kinda dumb question, how many times should I rinse out the system To get ALL the anti freeze out? This includes draining and filling with water, and run engine and repeat?I Want to make sure I don't mess it up, also I know I'll have to let it idle so that the temp gets up to open the thermo and circulate right?

Yes due to contaminates, you should never mix tap water with aluminum. Just flush you system until your just getting pure water out. I don't run engine ice in my busa so I don't know how long it will take. My son and I both have it in our motocross bikes and I had to flush them twice.

I have been running engine ice for a while. the initial flush will take some time. I drained mine and then filled up with distilled water. ran it for a while till it got hot. stopped and drained and refilled and started the process all over. I probably went through maybe 4 or 5 gallons maybe. I dont exactly remember. took a long time letting it cool down between. I just kept doing it until it came out clear. took 4 or 5 times as i recall. well worth it

Ok thanks again! I'll also let you all know the progress of the busa as in changing the paint etc. with pics and mods I do if you all want!

Back