New to forum and Busa

9958evans

Registered
My Busa is due a service. Would you guys recommend K&N filter and if so do I need to have it Dyno tested. Looking to start basic mods, exhaust etc....any ideas appreciated.
Cheers

Welcome to the oRg. We have a few members in the UK. Glad to have you. I would not think that you would need a dyno tune with a k/n filter. However, a dyno tune is always best to make sure you bike is running at optimum performance. What year is she?
beerchug.gif

welcome.gif
to the Org. I'm sure if your more specific about your mods will result in better answers and if needed the dyno comes at the end of those mods.

Depends on your needs but the K&N is shown to impair performance compared to the stock one (on the Busa applications anyhow). You may want a K&N anyhow if you put lots of mile on it and want to cut costs vs performance. Wait on the dyno tune until after a full exhuast system is installed.

And Welcome!

K&N doesn't offer any real improvements over the OEM. The K&N air filter, however, should be a worthwhile replacement.

Here's a link: Motorcycle Oil Filter Comparison

As for plugs, use the stock CR9E plugs. They work just fine and there are a couple of threads on the board which suggest that some "high performance" plugs will actually reduce performance and gas mileage.

One of the things I like about the Busa is that it does so well with the basics. Keep it simple and it will serve you just fine. By the same token, if you want to kick it up a notch or 20, it can be done quite easily. You get the best of both worlds!

--Wag--

welcome to the org. wait until after the exhaust is installed before change'n out filter. JMO

Thanks for the responses..I'll take your advices and stick with the 'if it ain't broke' principle.

Want after market slip ons to improve looks and sound and decent tyres..

Great to read your comments and others posts.

Cheers
laugh.gif

Back