New to board

tltimmay!

Registered
My friend gave me a link to this site and I was wondering if any of you have ever seen or heard of boosted or nitrous fed TLR?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I would like to make my TLR really stupid fast.

haven't heard of it, but I'm sure it can be done.

The only thing to hold you back is $$$.

And BTW...Welcome to the board.

The cheapest thing to do would be to spray it. I know of one tlr that was running 9.70's at the track on spray. I wish I had his # to give you. I'll ask a friend of mine if he could get a hold of him if you're interested.

Seen a few around the web on juice, but haven't seen a turbo or sc.
Someone, somwhere must have one.....if not maybe you should build it.......a TLR with a hairdryer on it would be pretty damn cool.
WELCOME to the board
beerchug.gif

yep....I have yet to see an engine that cannot be turbo'd.

Just be sure to hang on for dear life. If I remember correctly, those V-Twins are torque monsters. Adding turbo to the mix just makes life....shall we say...interesting.

Get some wheelie bars if you try any of that foolishness (he he). Just try to keep the front wheel down, I dare you.

IMHO, adding torque to a V-twin sportbike is redundant and not necessary unless you want it only for drag racing, and if that is the case why not go with a more suitable platform for dragracing like a Busa or ZX12R?

My friend gave me a link to this site and I was wondering if any of you have ever seen or heard of boosted or nitrous fed TLR?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I would like to make my TLR really stupid fast.
Hey, you got a TLR fan right here! I have one that I just sold to another board member. They are fantastic bikes, and no one does low-end torque like the TLR. Even the Busa has to wind-up a bit before it launches (of course you can rev it and drop the clutch - probably the tranny too)... I will miss the TLR, but my herd is too big.

As far as power upgrades, I hear you can get big bore/stroker kits... I agree on the NOS. Relatively simple and inexpensive. Turbo'ing a TLR would be a real feat! I posted this idea up at suzukihayabusa.org and did not get much positive feedback.

Enjoy that 3k RPM power that only a v-twin can do!

you'll spend more $$$ trying to make your tlr as fast as a busa than you would trading it for one...
wink.gif

i had 4 tl1000's before my busa, love those things, but not as much as i love the busa. get a busa. seriously. but to answer your qustions, i have seen turbo and nos'd tl's and the juiced ones work oj, and the turbo ones dont turn enough trpm for the v twin to work well, check out tl1000. com great site

Back