New teaching method

Devious

Onward through the Fog
Donating Member
Registered
Teaching Math In 1950

A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is 4/5 of the price. What is his profit?

Teaching Math In 1960

A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is 4/5 of the price, or $80. What is his profit?

Teaching Math In 1970

A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is $80. Did he make a profit?

! Teaching Math In 1980

A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is $80 and his profit is $20 Your assignment: Underline the number 20.

Teaching Math In 1990

A logger cuts down a beautiful forest because he is selfish and inconsiderate and cares nothing for the habitat of animals or the preservation of our woodlands. He does this so he can make a profit of $20. What do you think of this way of making a living? Topic for class participation after answering the question: How did the birds and squirrels feel as the logger cut down their homes? (There are no wrong answers.)

Teaching Math In 2006

Un ranchero vende una carretera de Madera para $100. El cuesto de la produccion era $80. Cuantos tortillas se puede comprar?

laugh.gif

now thats funny.

on the flip side, my daughter had homework last night, she is in kindergarten. Anyway it was a book to read about putting air in stuff like beach balls, and floating toys for water, she had to write the names of the objects for the first part. Then the second half of the assignment was to "summarize" the book!! What the hell, she cant even read!! What are they thinking!!

now thats funny.

on the flip side, my daughter had homework last night, she is in kindergarten. Anyway it was a book to read about putting air in stuff like beach balls, and floating toys for water, she had to write the names of the objects for the first part. Then the second half of the assignment was to "summarize" the book!! What the hell, she cant even read!! What are they thinking!!
Isn't that child labor? Children should not be writing Cliff Notes ("summarize" - yeah right) as "school assignments".

Is her teacher Kathy Lee?

P.S. I'm not sure how many tortillas $20 can buy right off but I'll get back to you David! lol

You may laugh but it's coming. I never noticed much before, but I see everything in spanish underneath english around here.

That's really funny, but no it really isn't, but it really is funny.

"Dodgeball"

I thought that was funny till 2006. I cant read that. So now if I was in school you saying I would fail. Bet I could sue them for my Deploma.
laugh.gif

everywhere I call, electric co. phone co. and any billing department I call? I get...english press 1,
seha bla bla bla @#$%^&*&^%$# dos...everytime, I hear this, I laugh...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Back