New Style Helmet

Looks like a real good idea, my only concern would be brightlights behind you at night and no way to get them out of your eyes. Well that and what angle does your head need to be at to be able to see, it would be a pain to have to raise you chin up all the time to check your six...

Still though, about time somebody came up with something like this.

actually i like the idea but dont know how obtrusive the mirror would be? also how much it will cost, how heavy is it, and it has to be snell approved.

btw cap, the new post screen style is cool i just wish i had a faster dialup, still waiting for the yellow heads. :devil:

Could be interesting, but lots of questions as everyone indicated. Also how secure in high velocity.

Neat idea but how well in practice?  Iis it as strong as a solid?
Agreed on the <table style=filter:blur>distraction</table> factor.

Hopefuly the reflective part is thin polished stainless and not glass,if protective qualities are as good as a top of the line helmet(no glass) i would give it a test.

<!--EDIT|SHODA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1066175508 -->

samurai_holding_sword_md_blk.gif

<span style='font-family:comic sans ms'></span>I dunno about the rest of you, but that *mirror* appears to be right where my
<table style=filter:glow(color=red)>FORWARD</table> view out of my helmet is when riding my Busa.
So no I would have no interest in this helmet. Now a helmet with a HUD I would go for!!!    :cool:  :cool:  :thumbsup:

<!--EDIT|RaiderDm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1066181003 -->

Like the others I think it,s a cool idea but also think it could be annoying.

The freaky part would be riding with a passenger and having to look up and see their eyes right in your helmet... "Yikes!"

I'd be interested in trying it out if given the chance...it's a great idea, but I'd hate for people to get out of the habit of turning their heads to check before changing lanes...

Good idea...

I really like the idea, and it looks very effective. My only concern is that on a bike where you are leaned over (such as the busa) and you are therefore leaning your head back, how much, if any does the mirror part obstruct foreward vision. I say this because I am generally looking out of the very top portion of the eye cutout, due to the angle my head is at when on the busa. When I'm on my BMW(F650), I am sitting straight up and down, so I naturally look out of the center of the eye cutout.

Would have to try first before shelling out the cash. Interesting idea though, some great Q's raised.
JT!

I wouldn't mind trying it if for no other reason than to try and answer the questions that have been raised.

I would be interested in trying it out. I could do the night riding!

Back