New Setup

GSXRFANN

FLUNKIE
Donating Member
Registered
I have heard that if I am only using a 20-40 shot that I do not need a power commander, and the stock ecu would accomidate the nitrous by adding more fuel (if my nozzle is before the sensor in the airbox). I am using a dry shot. Is this true?? I don't want to hurt my motor.

Install Nitrous,put a 20 shot in it and go over to a dyno and have them check the a/f,if you not gonna buy a PC or fuel box...

I have a PC. I just don't have it hooked up. As soon as my exhaust gets here, I think GoldenChild was going to hook me up with a baseline map for the exhaust, then I will go from there.

I have a PC. I just don't have it hooked up. As soon as my exhaust gets here, I think GoldenChild was going to hook me up with a baseline map for the exhaust, then I will go from there.
How much is your engine worth to ya? LOL!! Put on your PC for safety. I run one on mine just to make sure the motor is getting the extra fuel.
ThumbsUp.gif

Install Nitrous,put a 20 shot in it and go over to a dyno and have them check the a/f,if you not gonna buy a PC or fuel box...
thumb_up.gif

More fuel is needed for any dry shot applicaton. Stock intake temp sensor will not ad much at all... maybe 2-4%, but it's very slow to react.

Power Commander and Hub (switch between two maps) is a great way to go.

Goldenchild will hook you up right . Mines been working for almost 2 years now . You need extra fuel when you hit it . I have a MPS fastbox in mine but since you got a PCIII that does the same thing.

You're going to get hooked!!

got_nos.gif

I know man...I can't wait!! My pipe just got here today and I am too sick to put it on, now I guess it is off to fleabay for some pair block offs!! Then when I get it installed, I am going to get Daniel to send me a MAP!! (one of his EXTRA SPECIAL Maps!!)

I would suggest geeting a hub and run two maps,I just got my bike re maped without the NOS (for now) because mapped for NOS i was 10% fat...getting 23-27mpg.....Im eventually getting it to greg at HPC to hook me up with both maps...I have used it but spareingly,there just isnt a practical use for it on the road and im not a track junkie,just dont have the time for it..but ill tell you this,when i did use it,it's sick...like a blur!!!!

The PC3R has cells every 500 rpm,and you can adjust ignition timeing. There are no expansion ports

The USB has cells every 250 rpm,through the expansion port you can add the hub,map switch,ignition module,etc.

Back