New Owner...

snowman

Registered
Greetings

I'm new to the site and just wanted to do a quick into of myself. I bought a '05 Red and Black in August. Living up in HD country you could say that I stand out in a crowd

cool.gif

This site is awsome. I lurked here for months as I was trying to decide which bike to purchase. I was able to answer almost all of my questions just buy searching this site. FANTASTIC RESOURCE.

As all of you know the bike is a friggggin awsome unreal machine. I've not ridden the variety of bikes that most of the posters here have but I can't imagine a better piece of work. (Like I need to say that on this forum )
super.gif

One question: I get a whining noise when I power up the bike. It lasts for a few seconds then is gone. When I hit the started the noise comes back and is always there. You can't hear it when the engine revs beyond idle but it never goes away. Does anyone else get this??

busa2.jpg

Welcome to the board
biggrin.gif

If the noise you are hearing is when you turn the key on before you hit the start button, it sounds like the fuel pump, which is normal.

If the bike is in gear with the side stand down you will not hear the noise untill you shift to neutral.

Welcome!! Go through the break in and see if it's still there after 600miles. If it persists or gets worse, have your stealership look at it.

Welcome and congrats!!!!!

You need to lose the warning stickers!!!!!!!
cool.gif
cool.gif

cool.gif

Welcome!

That whine is something to be proud of. That's the wonderful invention known as the fuel pump. Think of it as priming the rocket before takeoff.

Welcome. And don't worry about the whining you are hearing. It's just a ZX12 rider hiding near you.

Get it?
ZX12 rider
Whining
Hee Hee Hee
Probably playing with his little peepee while looking at your Busa

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|Goldwanger
Reason for Edit: None given...|1129895583 -->

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

I was hoping that someone would say fuel pump.(sets my mind at ease)

Rest easy folks.. The warning stickers are gone

beerchug.gif

Welcome. And don't worry about the whining you are hearing. It's just a ZX12 rider hiding near you.

Get it?
ZX12 rider
Whining
Hee Hee Hee
Probably playing with his little peepee while looking at your Busa

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
ices_rofl.gif
THAT"S FUNNY!!!
ices_rofl.gif
caught myself actually chuckling all alone in my little room!!

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

ices_rofl.gif

Back