New or Modded

herooo

Donating Member
Registered
Hey all,

Been a while since I've posted/logged in.  Still a rookie for sure, and definitely proved that when I dropped my 2001 a few months back.  Bought her from Blacksheep who I met here.  Must say I would definitley do business with him again!

She is a total write off now, cheque is sitting next to me and my still sore shoulder / ego.  So I'm thinking NEW bike time WOOOO HOOOO.  I had some bad luck with mine (crank and bearings gone, thanks to all who helped out) and a few other loose ends, so want new one for warranty, my own break in, etc.  

Then it occurred to me I can get a nicely modded bike for same price.  I have around 15,000 to 18,000 CAN to spend.

No bling, just power and handling mods, preferably Canadian, and low kms.

Didn't see "classified" section, so if wrong place to post sorry.

First off, sorry to hear about your wreck and I'm glad you're OK. I would by new and build it the way you want it.

Dollars are limited to the 18,000 tops!! I have other toys that cost (sleds, 600 ninja), and a wife who has her limit.:19:, and I have mine..:7:

New chews up the "budget" and gets me ...well.. a new bike, but still want more hp than stock.

Immediate gratification takes to long.

Let me know what you guys think / have for sale etc..

Will look for "classifieds" again, and again, sorry for wrong post place

I would go new 04 or 05 and get the color you like best.
wink.gif

Immediate gratification is not always best. Here's one for sale over at sh.org <a href="http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=40668">Busa 4 Sale<a>

So are you parting whats left of your old bike or does the insurance have it?
rock.gif

Let's see......

Absolute cap on spending.
Want's a few mods ( performance minded)
Are you picky about the color?

Seems like you should look for a used one. I see some nice deals have been made on this site.

Canadian edition might be a little bit harder, though.

Good luck with the search.

Vultures, your all vultures....
No, not gonna part it, insurance took it over and I work too much to really have the time to do that. Too bad cause there are lots of goodies left in it. Probably should have but...

Thanks for the link. That's what I am looking for. Ever dealt with this guy before? Anyone?

Dropping it was a real shame. Just cruising around 70 KMS in second gear and sat up on a short straight stretch. I just got it back from a $4500.00 crank job and was only breaking it in. Not being greasy at all. Really cold evening and I was wearing alot of cloths under jacket, thick gloves etc. I have a throttle rocker on it and when I sat up it caught in the cuff of my jacket and rotated up. I came up to a right hand bend, leaned over and down onto the bars, and wham!................instant acceleration.

Let me tell you, when you are expecting it this bike is fast, when you are not, it's BRUTAL. It felt like God came out of the sky and kicked the bike in the ass! The throttle rocker sliding up unknowingly caused it to open the throttle WFO! When I leaned down on the bar I didn't even feel it. Bike straightened right up and shot across the road. The rest is self expanitory.

That's my story, I've changed it twice already, I'm sticking to it.
wink.gif

Speaking of throttle rockers, I've noticed this before coming up to lights. It tends to ride up a bit as you ride and when you grab the brake it takes a sec to realise your not getting the stop as fast as you like. I always thought I should pay a little more attention to it. Any of you guys ride with one? I wouldn't do without it even now, but man, you gotta be careful! Take heed. My 20.00 rocker cost me my bike.

........and a bit of ego....

They are all vultures! Hehe! Have never dealt with the guy, but he has a pretty good reputation over at sh.org. I've got a throttle rocker, but have only riddne with it once. Had that speed pickup a couple times myself without expecting it and will definitely be more careful.

Hey buddy were just tryin to put some coins in your pocket. Buy it back from them and sell the bike for more than you paid...it will help pay for mods. Hell you can take one part off the bike a night one at a time

Roger that.

I actually still have the bike here. I'm working in a really remote place right now and the insurance company is trying to have someone here pick it up.
Food for thought. Bet I could still get it, probably even cheaper than they originally offered.

I'm sorta wondering at this point if they have "forgot" about it.....

Back