New Member, and got my first Hayabusa, a dream come true.

Welcome John! Congrats on realizing a dream and scoring a beautiful bike... but more importantly, finding the best community to share you passion! :thumbsup:

Thanks for all warm welcome's! Since its still a week new to me I am taking it easy or trying to ;) Its a great bike and I love not having to down shift. It says I have been getting as much as 42 mpg and Im loving that. Im going to be taking it from tempe az to yuma az for a nice 3hr trip to see my brother and dad for a couple days. This should be fun. I just got some really nice saddle bags yesterday for the rear of the bike and got a nice tank bag thats magnetic and sticks right to the tank. I couldn't believe that they invented that since its so easy to put on and take off and turns to a back pack. Next upgrade will be a gel pad to stick on the seat. I want to bring it to firebird one of these drag strip nights just to test it out on full throttle on 2nd and 3rd, and nothing more till I get more experiance on this bike. I do feel like already I have started to adjust to it but its still too early to start anything too crazy till I put more time and miles on it. I can't tell you how much I love the torque on this beast! Have a safe rest of the weekend everyone!
John

IMG_3958.jpg

Dont forget to put some blue painters tape under those saddle bags. You will scratch that paint if you dont.

Well I made it to yuma! Here is something for all of you to laugh at lol. Its been about 1 year and a half since I rode and I forgot the most simplest rule about riding long trips..... Sunburn and covering up areas or putting on sunscreen! Check out my arm lol! Also heres a pic with the saddle bags while I stoped in Gila Bend Az for gas. Also I think I need to fix the bags so they hang higher up since looking at the pictures it looks like they are droping down. Btw thanks for all the welcomes and thanks you's.
John

sun burn.jpg

DSC_0001.jpg

Tighten up the straps and put them over the seat will help. Dont forget the tape unless you want a nasty surprise when you remove the bags. Wear a full jacket and you wont have to worry about sunburn. :beerchug:

I put them over the seat and had bungie cords for under the back fairing. Lol I took a ride and goosed it, the bag came off from the bungie cords and bag got torn from the tire shreding it. Lol now I need to get a new bag for that mistake. I should have used stronger bungie cords or rope, or a strap down instead of those crap little bungie cords.

Im having a problem with the website. I can't post without aproval I can't see my settings without aproval...whats going on here lol. I dont see anything visual that says I have to do this before making posts or becoming a part of the forum. Maybe I need to survive the next 3 weeks on my bike? lol. jk. Ill figure this out, have a great day everyone

Back