50 Years Ago, I Had A Dream.....

Blue Bayou

Registered
Hello guys and gals. 50 years ago, I got out of the Navy and went to work for a car dealer called Ed Stinn Chevrolet in Westlake Ohio. I fell in love with a brand new Canary yellow "65" Corvette on the lot. I did everything within my power to try and buy that car, but my credit had not been established yet and I could not get a loan. I vowed then to get a Corvette SOMEDAY...!!!!
Well gang, fast forward the clock to 50 years later and "yours truly" finally bought his Corvette..!!
Three weeks ago, I pulled the trigger on a 2004 Lemans Commemorative edition, 6 speed manual transmission with 350 HP LS1 Engine. Needless to say, she runs like a scalded dog..!!! :)
So one thing led to another and I just couldn't see leaving the Vette out in the blistering Florida sun for the rest of it's life. Florida homes have NO basement, NO storage sheds and usually DO have small garages. I did some major planning to get the Vette into the garage and it turned out the Hayabusa had to go. NO ROOM...!!! I put her on CL and sold her in a couple weeks, sad to say..!! :-(
The good news is that the Vette has a place in the garage to rest it's tires and I've still got something that I can GO FAST in..!!! So there ya have it gang, that's what I've been doing lately.
I'm including a photo of the new ride, hope y'all are riding safe and enjoying yourselves.!!
Thanks for all your help, take care
BB

IMG_6537.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that just stinks for us but is AWESOME that you were able to get the ride you have wanted for so long... Good luck sir!

That's a great looking car. Love the color!!! You must have a pretty small garage. I'm in Florida and my previous property had a one car garage. I had a toolbox, craftsman double door cabinet, random household items, an air compressor, a NoMar tire changer, the busa and a Ford Explorer in that garage. There wasn't a ton of room left, but doable and still had the ability to open drawers to get tools out without having to pull the SUV out.

Last edited:
image.jpeg

My first love was a black 58 Fuelie then a red 62. Couldn't buy either but I did end up finding one I liked...about 50 years later too! Good luck with yours,

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice! Love the Vettes!

I too hope to pull the trigger on one some day but I have a special place in my heart (or soft spot in my head maybe) for the big block C3s. Not practical I know, but then neither is a Hayabusa at 49. But it sure is a lot of fun.

That's a great looking car. Love the color!!! You must have a pretty small garage. I'm in Florida and my previous property had a one car garage. I had a toolbox, craftsman double door cabinet, random household items, an air compressor, a NoMar tire changer, the busa and a Ford Explorer in that garage. There wasn't a ton of room left, but doable and still had the ability to open drawers to get tools out without having to pull the SUV out.

Firstly, thanks Captain and everyone for your kind comments.
Our garage is just a 2 car garage, but we have two cars, one Harley, storage shelves, workbench, toolbox, washer and dryer, air compressor, generator, pressure washer, jacks and jackstands and other junk all stored in it. There's pretty much just enough room to walk thru the paths and I can squeek the toolbox drawers open. Corvette doors are VERY long and need to be pretty much open all the way, to get in and out, especially for someone who's 71 y.o. It's definitely a full house here.
Best regards
BB

Last edited:
Firstly, thanks Captain and everyone for your kind comments.
Our garage is just a 2 car garage, but we have two cars, one Harley, storage shelves, workbench, toolbox, washer and dryer, air compressor, generator, pressure washer, jacks and jackstands and other junk all stored in it. There's pretty much just enough room to walk thru the paths and I can squeek the toolbox drawers open. Corvette doors are VERY long and need to be pretty much open all the way, to get in and out, especially for someone who's 71 y.o. It's definitely a full house here.
Best regards
BB
Yeah, sounds like there is enough in there. LOL! I know what you mean about extra long doors. I replaced the explorer with a mustang and doors are huge!!!

Back