New Member!! And a fairings question...

johnnyglass

Registered
Hello Everyone!! My name is Johnny, and yesterday I picked up my first Busa, an '05 with 13K miles.

Mechanically, it's in great shape. Bike runs really well, but appearance wise, it's pretty fugly. Check out this picture.

3T9e5Rm.jpg

It's been sitting outside for 4 years in a driveway by the previous owner, who rode it about twice a week. The paint on the fairings are completely cracked/peeled, and the front fender has a hole in it, where, when pulling into his driveway, he bumped into the trailer hitch of his boat. It pains me to no end how someone could take such crap care of such an awesome machine.

Anyways, after getting it to Texas, and getting a thorough tune up on it, I'm looking to get a fairing kit to replace all the fairings. I found this kit online, and wanted to see if that's my best route or another way I should go. I'm a big fan of matte black with no graphics.

Also, thank you for having me, and I look forward to getting to know each of you!!!

:welcome: You can see some other threads about them by searching 'china plastics'. I thing DHGate is like a broker between you and many Chinese companies, so look closely at who is supplying them when trying to find out about their reputation.

:welcome: to the oRg :thumbsup:

Cut the fender down to remove the damage and rattle can the bike matt black :poke:

Take a look at some of the Drag race forums . Many times you can find OEM body work for sale when the take off to do streched tail/body kits / no head light kit

Back