New house

looks good man. we are hoping to do the same someday. saving is getting tuffer as time goes on.

very happy for you and yours

Congrats! Garages are great!

beerchug.gif

All good ideals but dont forget to run a hot and cold water outlet inside the garage so that you can hook up a shop sink or for use when cleaning the cars in the winter. You can purchase a small shop sink at one those wholesale stores like Sams Club fairly cheap with room to spare for your stand up freezer ,two cars and a bike.

Make sure to run speakers wires and a cable line to the garage as well for a internet connect and alittle bit of BET or MTV or your favorite tellevision station.

The hvac guys came today and finished their duct work with one going to the garage. I'm so glad you suggested that. That will make a huge difference when I'm working out their in the hot or cold.

Ditto the PVC under the concrete! I did the same to my house...and have been VERY glad I did! All my neighbors are pretty jealous when they see me out there pulling low-voltage lighting cable thru the 'conduit' and don't hafta dig out my yard!

Like others have said...run cable EVERYWHERE! I even ran a couple 2" 'inner-ducts' (orange, flexible conduit) from the basement to the attic. This gives me easy access to run future cables. From the attic, I can get to the inner-wall cavities to drop cable from the top. From the basement, I can run cable UP into the wall cavity. I also ran conduit with a 'double-gang' box on all the OUTER walls. I just left the conduit stubbed into the attic and/or basement. This lets me run stuff in the future for anything on the outer walls. So, with the inner-duct and the conduit in the outer walls, I've got everything covered to run cable in the future. BTW, I have already filled one of my inner-ducts cuz I keep adding crap!

If it's not there...and not too late, frame for an attic fan and run the electrical for it. It will make adding it later MUCH easier.

Put ceiling fan boxes and wire for them in every bedroom. May not need it now, but can come in handy later.

<!--EDIT|omslaw
Reason for Edit: None given...|1126732260 -->

Back