New here...hello everyone

VegasBusaGreg

Registered
Hi all. Heres a couple pics of my new 06' Limited. Stayed stock for a whole week. New windscreen and undertail. Sadly 2k miles and I'm having 2nd gear issues already.

IMG_0298.jpg

IMG_0302.jpg

post-52-02136-welcome.gif
and congrat, nice scooter  
cool.gif
hope you solve the 2nd gear problem  
beerchug.gif

looks good. about the shifting. shift like you mean it. i had a problem at first. good luck with it

Sweet looking bike. I like that undertail. Doesn't give up your storage. Who makes it?

The trannies are a little cobby at first. You'll aso get some false nuetrals between 5th and 6th gears for a few miles. They say synthetic oil really helps it. Mine has gotten better but I will be switching to synthetic on my next oil chnage. I know it helped a LOT on my other bike.

Sweet looking bike. I like that undertail. Doesn't give up your storage. Who makes it?

The trannies are a little cobby at first. You'll aso get some false nuetrals between 5th and 6th gears for a few miles. They say synthetic oil really helps it. Mine has gotten better but I will be switching to synthetic on my next oil chnage. I know it helped a LOT on my other bike.

Nice Busa! Sorry about the problem you're having right now, but I'm hoping you get it worked out...

Welcome!
beerchug.gif

Welcome to the Org. I recall some problems shifting into 2nd under hard acceleration. Either do a search, or post a new question in the technical/problems section. And don't forget about the warranty. Let us know how it turns out.

Congrats and welcome! Take it back to the dealer and get it fixed so you can ride.

Welcome

Synthetic took all of the 1-2 and 5-6 shift mishaps out of my lifestyle, worth a shot I guess.

(TallTom @ Sep. 27 2006,04:26) Sweet looking bike.  I like that undertail.  Doesn't give up your storage.  Who makes it?

The trannies are a little cobby at first.  You'll aso get some false nuetrals between 5th and 6th gears for a few miles.  They say synthetic oil really helps it.  Mine has gotten better but I will be switching to synthetic on my next oil chnage.  I know it helped a LOT on my other bike.
The undertail is a Top Gun from Extreme Graphic Moto Design. There is cutting involved in the install but once its done the storage space is the same as stock. Had a local shop install it for me for $150 bucks but it was definately worth it. The only part of the bike I hated was that giant plastic back end.

About my 2nd gear problem...It's the same thing im seeing on these forums, where once im in 2nd I loose power while under moderate acceleration. Its as if it skips every other second. It's abrupt and scares the crap out of me. It's not the tire slipping and the chain is in perfect condition. Rode two other Busas of a friend and it didnt happen so I know somethings wrong with mine. Taking it back to the dealer today and ill see what they have to say.

Which dealership? Also, is that an Exxon station close to the Boulevard Mall?

Back