New Gen II performance questions

I knew you guys would like that vid... :laugh:

The solenoid plugs go on the top of the valve cover when you remove all that stuff. Essentially the block off kit is the mechanical side of the mod and the solenoid is the electrical side of the mod. If you do one you probably should do the other... ;)

Two different mods, same result...

One plugs the tube and the other is removing the entire system.

Gen-I removed the entire pump on the front of the engine by the headers and used block off plates above the header tubes to cover the holes.

Gen-II doesn't have that setup, it's on the back side like a GSXR1K. You either block the airbox tube or remove it all.

Here is a video showing the complete mod:
- 08 - 2011 hayabusa - AIS Pair Valve Block Off Kit Install[/url]

Enjoy... :laugh:

So easy a blonde could do it:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I knew you guys would like that vid... :laugh:

The solenoid plugs go on the top of the valve cover when you remove all that stuff. Essentially the block off kit is the mechanical side of the mod and the solenoid is the electrical side of the mod. If you do one you probably should do the other... ;)

There is only one plug required, right?

It will be some time before I do this mod but I hope I am prepared with all the stuff I need. This ought to do it, NO? Maybe a bolt and washers to block the clean air hole in the airbox?

Here's what I got from Schnitz.
HAY1025KIT.jpg

Last edited:

It will be some time before I do this mod but I hope I am prepared with all the stuff I need. This ought to do it, NO? Maybe a bolt and washers to block the clean air hole in the airbox?

HAY1025KIT.jpg

My understanding is that you will need to block off the hose feeding the PAIR system from the airbox. Some folks use a marble, others a furniture foot, yet other a golf tee. The kit for my jet ski had a rubber fitting the closed it off and I used a zip tie to lock it down. Will probably use a similar solution for this bike.

HAY1025KIT.jpg

That's what you need, the two links were showing them separate...

Remember you can turn off the electronic portion with ECU editor so unless you just want to remove it completely for piece of mind, you can accomplish it a couple ways... ;)

Last edited:
My understanding is that you will need to block off the hose feeding the PAIR system from the airbox. Some folks use a marble, others a furniture foot, yet other a golf tee. The kit for my jet ski had a rubber fitting the closed it off and I used a zip tie to lock it down. Will probably use a similar solution for this bike.

Yup..that should work if you are going leave the PAIR system attached and simply block the clean air hose. I have done that to my 14 and it worked very well. I am going to take the whole PAIR unit off of the motor and block the inlets with block off plates. Achieves the same thing, just cleans up the engine area. The plastic green thing in the kit I have pictured is an electrical resistor of some sort. It stops the disconnected PAIR from throwing an FI code (ECU will sense that there is a malfunction if PAIR is removed completely and wires are disconnected).

That's what you need, the two links were showing them separate...

Remember you can turn off the electronic portion with ECU editor so unless you just want to remove it completely for piece of mind, you can accomplish it a couple ways...

Thanks, GB. I will probably get into Flashing at some point but for now, I'm sticking to the old school ways.

Back