New Feature --- Groups

Captain, I have never played the victim on any issue. Why do right-wingers always fall back to the "you're stupid, emotional or a victim" thing when they are caught doing the nasty? Your ego is running away with you again.

Anyway, if you wanted this thing to be open you would have done a poll like this:
Understood, as long as we do things your way then you won't complain about it... As long as it's your way then it has to be the best, that is what I read.

1. Who would like groups so you can discuss things in a smaller forum?
Lot's of people like smaller groups... Do you think the developers of the software wrote the program hoping people would like it? Do you see the numbers of PM's or emails that flow through this place?
2. Should these groups be open or by invite?
Both, we are all adults right? Are you telling me that you would choose to force the option of allowing anyone? I chose to allow the group owner to do the right thing.
3. Should the discussions in the forums be open to all org. members to read or not?
The discussions on the forum are open to all org members and even non members... Anyone can see the forum... Small groups are a whole other part of the site.. Do you somehow feel entitled to see what other people are discussing in small groups?
4. Would you be more or less likely to visit the org or take part in discussions if you knew there were closed groups?
Time will tell won't it....

Pretty simple. You could have even asked some of the more regular posters and event attendees about the issue.
You have no idea who I spoke to about this, which people have tested it, which members have provided feedback. You have no idea what other websites I have gone to or research I have done to see if this is a good transition... You know nothing about this feature.
But that's not how you implemented the groups and until Saiid busted on you the groups were a very different thing, reguardless of your intent.
In your own words you can see that I did not roll this out but was working on it. It did not happen in my timing, it did not roll the way I wanted it to, I did not get time to test it as thoroughly as I had wanted to... BUT you can't complain in one thread that we have been moving threads over and hiding content and then in another thread recognize that it was rolled out unexpectedly.
Totally your right to do it - it's your forum. On the other hand, It's my right to call foul and decline to participate further. I'm just one guy and the org will survive my protest.

Your protesting something that
A. You have no idea what your talking about
B. You complain about every move unless you get to make the choice...

I have a lot of friends on this site that are closer to me than the people I see each and every day, so I do on a level hate to drop out of our daily "discussions." On the other hand the implementation of this group thing was handled wrong and I can only look at what was done, as I have no way of knowing for sure why it was done. And Captain I don't hate you, which is not to say I like you, just that there are very few people I hate.

I'm really sick of you. I take back everything I said, now goodbye.

Bots, I'm like the Kool Aid Man! Can't nobody keep me out! Oh Yeeeeahhh!!!

koolaid-man.jpg

koolaid-man.jpg

39 guests here now.

Yep it's all my fault. I am a master :stirpot:

Willie......nanny nanny boo boo....you been sniffing glue?

I'm really disappointed in the direction this "announcement" of what amounts to an enhancement of our site has taken...

Seriously, I have nothing but respect for the gang here, but this has just gone beyond the point of stupid and petty...I'm reminded of my boys when they were toddlers, throwing themselves on the floor when they didn't get their way and they didn't even really know what it was they wanted to begin with...

But, thanks for the opportunity to make fun of the men here...it's my favorite past time...gonna go start a group for you guys, invite only, THE DRAMA QUEENS :rofl:

:p

I'm really disappointed in the direction this "announcement" of what amounts to an enhancement of our site has taken...

Seriously, I have nothing but respect for the gang here, but this has just gone beyond the point of stupid and petty...I'm reminded of my boys when they were toddlers, throwing themselves on the floor when they didn't get their way and they didn't even really know what it was they wanted to begin with...

But, thanks for the opportunity to make fun of the men here...it's my favorite past time...gonna go start a group for you guys, invite only, THE DRAMA QUEENS :rofl:

:p

Pink Panties for everyone!

I personally hate to see Arch go as I've enjoyed the intelligent debate.

However, to whine at this level about it, enough to announce "this is my last post", then post again (and again), and then cross the Owner....

A quote comes to mind: "Don't go away mad, just go away..."

Back