New 'Busa pilot in Old Dominion

AJAY

Registered
Sometimes you stay home waiting for the plumber to replace your water heater.

Yesterday I stayed home for something MUCH better. Lookee what's in my driveway.

Now if only it would stop raining here in Virginia.

By way of personal introduction, I'm in the "old man" group of Busa owners. Have already snagged a set of Corbin Beetle Bags for it and am keeping my eyes open for a passenger seat with backrest for my wife.

I'm an engineer (and former motorcycle mechanic). This is personal bike number 14 for me. Bought this bike after selling my resurrected 2003 Katana 600, a barn find, a month ago. The Kat was fun to ride, but a little cramped and way underpowered, especially with a passenger aboard. Guess power won't be the problem now. LOL! Anyway, I test rode a Hayabusa and was surprised that it was hardly any bigger than my Katana and hardly weighed any more either. That bike had its issues, but even so it felt/handled just like the Katana except that it had actual power, and it wasn't even running right! (hosed up Power Commander setup) I passed on that bike and kept looking. Yam FZ1, CBR954, CBR1000, Suzuki SV1000, all great bikes, but somehow that 5 minute ride on the Busa had really gotten under my skin. Still trying to think of a name for this one. Pretty sure it's a "she" - all my other bikes have been, but this is one strong girl.

Was glad to find this board. Have already picked up quite a few things. Will probably have some stupid questions. Might provide a few stupid answers myself. But for now, just want to say Hello and hope to meet some of you online, maybe even in person someday.

- Cheers, AJ

new Busa (small).JPG

Welcome aboard! You'll find this place is full of great people and information. Good lookin' scoot! :welcome:

Well the reason you like the Busa is because it is the Katana's Big brother they come from the same family. Nice looking ride :thumbsup:

Good looking ride you have there.

Welcome to the oRg from one VA rider to another :thumbsup: Hopefully starting in the spring, we'll have some planned rides for the east coast riders...got a lot of great memories with the gang here, been on some really fun runs...

Nice Busa :thumbsup:

:welcome: to the oRg I'm all about black bikes and their speed, but I'm really digging that burgundy in '07

Thanks folks for all your responses. Forgot to mention she's an '07 model, and, yes, dadofthree, I love the looks of this burgundy bike. It was hard to find a Busa that wasn't all pimped out or highly "owner modified", not to say there isn't a charm in that, but, as a former wrench, half the time we undid owner mods to get things right again. Plus, I'm an old man (50) and can forego an extra 20 hp on this bike for quiet and reliability. If I want to be antisocial, well, I could always put my hotrodded Sportster back on the road. That one is loud enough for 3 Busas.

Speaking of stock, if anybody local to the DC area would like to trade their stock clutch and brake levers for some almost new "carbon fiber" look levers... Send me a private message. I'd rather have the plain ones.

- Cheers, AJ

:welcome::welcome::welcome:

Beautifull Bike :thumbsup:

Pretty partial to that year and color myself. :whistle:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Demmym%20006.jpg

Back